Botox requirements

  1. Hello. I am currently considering going back to school to get my RN degree (currently have BS in Education). I'm confused as if I can go to a community college for a two year RN degree or do I have to go to a University to get a Masters? My goal is to work in the cosmetic field of dermatology - such as botox, fillers, lasers, etc. My community college could not answer my question - they think I just need to go to aesthetics school. I do believe you have to be an RN to inject. Can anyone give me some feedback??? Thank you very much. I've been researching for days with no results.
  2. Visit JacquelineRNpsych profile page

    About JacquelineRNpsych

    Joined: Aug '06; Posts: 3


  3. by   moesatriani
    It is too bad that the community college will not answer your questions. That must be really frustrating. I believe that I remember when my daughter went to a aesthetics school that they only cover a little bit of what you would want to go into. I think that you might have to start at the beginning of the health classes and work your way up.
  4. by   JARNBSN
    You might be looking into the wrong field. Usually the dermatologist have PA's that do most of the injecting and slightly invasive procedures. Then they also have the other employees that have a degree in aesthetic with training in some areas of facials, microdermabrasion, cellulite treatments I've seen some do laser hair removal as well. But most dermatologist I've been to do all of their facial laser treatments, acid peels, spider vein treatments, any surgery, biopsy and Botox with the PA's assistance. You may want to look into PA degree?