I was a nurse in PR and moved to FL in 2014 and did endorsement and got my FL LPN license and have been working as a nurse since. I want to move to Texas and I haven't taken any NCLEX in USA but I did in PR. Am I able to change my FL LPN to Texas by endorsement? 

Has 2 years experience.

The best thing for you to do will contact the board of nursing for the state that you are trying to obtain a license with they will be able to give you the best information good luck

nanillest, LVN

81 Posts

Specializes in acute care-step down/rehab. Has 4 years experience.

The Veterans Affairs hospital accepts PR Nurses and they do not have to take the NCLEX. Apply at the VA. What part of Texas? I work at the Temple Texas VA and we have a lot of PR nurses. I'm pretty sure it's at the VA's everywhere. Hope this helps.