Two courses to "crossover" to CC program

  1. On the LPN tech website, it says there are two courses that someone will have to take in order to 'crossover' to the community college RN program from the state tech LPN program. Does anyone know what the two classes are? Would love to take them now while waiting to get into the January program. Thanks!
  2. Visit CTPCTstudent profile page

    About CTPCTstudent

    Joined: May '08; Posts: 143; Likes: 27
    from US


  3. by   jrinct
    Hi -- If you go to one of the community colleges' Web sites (like Gateway, for instance), you can read the Nursing Informational Packet. There's a page in there for LPNs. Here's some of what it says:

    LPN Advanced Placement and Transfer Policy

    LPN Advanced Placement

    The Connecticut Community Colleges Nursing Program participates in the Connecticut League
    for Nursing Articulation Model for LPNs. To be eligible for articulation the LPN must:

    Hold a current Connecticut Licensed Practical Nurse license.
    Satisfy all the CT-CCNP admission requirements.
    Submit a CT-CCNP application and be admitted to the program (please note, the
    application process does not vary for LPN candidates.)

    Once admitted, LPN candidates will be advised as to their placement within the CT-CCNP. For
    an LPN to be advance placed into the third semester, the following requirements will need to be

    Complete the required general education courses of the first year of the CT-CCNP with a
    grade of C or higher.

    Successfully complete the Connecticut LPN Transition Bridge Course offered by Charter
    Oak State College and the campus based CT-CCNP LPN transition course.
  4. by   CTPCTstudent
    thanks I didn't realize the LPN crossover was addressed in the regular admission packet.