Transferring Certification out of the Country?

  1. Hey guys!! I'm 18 and I'm currently training to become a CNA. I go to a career school and have clinicals at a nursing home twice a week. I was wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to transfer the CNA license that I will get to England. I will be certified through the state of Indiana and I just wondered what the process would be. If anyone knows please let me know!!

  2. Visit redhead31293 profile page

    About redhead31293

    Joined: Jul '11; Posts: 25; Likes: 2
    CNA; from US


  3. by   NurseCubanitaRN2b
    Try the international forum or the UK forum. They may be able to help you.
  4. by   SentimentalGeek
    I have no idea, but I do know that moving to the UK is very difficult unless you are already a British citizen, are married to one, get a student visa to go to a university, or have a degree in a shortage occupation. Nurse assistants are not on the shortage list. If none of those scenarios apply to you, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news! (I'm a dual British/American citizen who went through the UK immigration process before naturalising)

    ETA: I also know that US-trained registered nurses are only able to join the NMC registry in the UK if they have a BSN, ADN trained nurses are not recognised at this time (nor LPNs, I believe).