Certification to do Chemical Peels?


I'm really interested in learning more about chemical peels for the face and body. I would love to go to esthetician school after I finish my RN, as I would love to learn all about skin care--although my interest may stay at more of the hobby level--but this is something I'd love to be able to do for myself and maybe friends and family. ...Are there classes I can take as an RN to become certified to do chemical peels or would I need to go thru esthetician school? Thoughts? :)

sonia211, BSN

31 Posts

Has 13 years experience.

I have an esthetician license with my RN license. I would suggest you go and take a chemical peel class through one of the skin care manufacterers like PCA. Here's there link http://pcaskin.com/

Let them know that you are a licensed RN and they can set you up with the class. Then I would suggest reading up on the different types of peels such as AHA, BHA, enzyme masks, etc. If you have any further questions you can let me know. :nurse:

Rachel White

7 Posts

If you want to specialize in the study of skin care, then an esthetician career may be perfect for you. Students who train to become a esthetician learn about beautifying the skin through a variety of means, including facials, skin analysis, makeup artistry, pore cleansing, microdermabrasion techniques, European facial treatments, spa treatments using body polishes and wraps, aromatherapy and skin care regimens, foot reflexology, depilation and waxing, and eyebrow shaping and lash tinting. The below mentioned site has the complete information about this career. http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/occguide/skincare.htm


23 Posts

Thanks for the info! ...I absolutely love skin care and would love to possibly do it on the side for myself and friends and family. :)