I have to make a presentation regarding Congestive heart failure Case Management for my Continuum of Care class. What are some good resources regarding this topic. My presentation must include these elements:
1. Target Population
2. Disease state, condition, or risk being treated
-why case management is needed
3. Service delivery model, major providers if any
-When and how services are delivered? Telephonically? Home visitation? Hospital or facility based services? For how long. Is there one major or prototypical provider
4. Model origin or history
- where did it start?
5. Quality of care/outcomes standards, regulations, requirements guiding practice
- describe the standards of care that guide the nursing care protocols being implemented. many are derived from the national entities such as NCQA, AHA, and ADA
6. Case management skills/competencies and required certifications
-what skills and certifications are required by RN case managers providing care.
7. Goal Outcomes
-For the programs you reviewed, what outcomes were they seeking to achieve? Were the goals met? Why or why not?
8. Literature review with analysis/results
9. Implications for staff RN practice
-identify how the type of case management you have presented can be used to enhance the care provided by the staff RN
Thanks mucho!!! des
Jan 22, '09
I was excited to see your post! I am currently a CSU East Bay (Hayward) student and am doing the same exact CHF case management project for continuum of care.
I know it was 2 years ago that you did this case management, but I was hoping you might be able to give me some advice and/or tips that might help my group and I. We're a little lost...