Jump to content

Canadian Nurse inquiring about working in the states

Nurses   (90 Views | 0 Replies)
by abbey97 abbey97 (New) New Nurse

18 Profile Views; 1 Post


I do not know if I am posting this in the right area, but I thought I'd try my luck here.

I am a recent graduate of the RPN program in Ontario, Canada and exploring my options of moving to the states to work as a nurse, more specifically California.

If anyone has done this in the past, and knows how to answer some of my questions I would be very appreciative. 

Some of my general questions are:

- Is it possible as an RPN to move to the states to work? I would assume there is a test that would have to be written in that specific state. Here we had to write the CPRNE, I believe in the states its called the NCLEX?

- I have read online -- please correct me if I am wrong -- that the LVN (general equivalent to the RPN) is a one year course and the RN is a two year course. Since my program here in Canada was a 2 year program, would that be equivalent to the USA version of RN.

I have more questions, but would love if these 2 were addressed first and we can go from there! If anyone knows any information on the above subject, I would love the help!

Thanks in advance 🙂


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.