Starting Davis & Elkins with Wifey in Aug.
- 0May 19, '07 by XYnurse2BMy wife and I are starting the ADN in a few months. Anyone else attending? Figured I'd say hello now. Anyone know much about D&E. We found it online and are moving from Wyoming to attend.
- 5,347 Visits
- 0May 24, '07 by XYnurse2BQuote from Student_Nurse_WVHey there Student Nurse WV! I think I drove through Morgantown while visiting a month ago. Glad to hear a positive perspective about WV. We're very excited to start in a couple months. What year are you in? Any ideas about a specialty? What school are you at? How do yo like it?I live in Morgantown, WV which is north of d&e. It is a really pretty area! I think you will really enjoy wv living! Cograts on you and your wife's admission!
- 0May 28, '07 by gitterbugHello XY,
Sorry it took some time to get back to you but have been busy. I am smack in the middle between Charleston, WV and Beckley, WV. I really live on top of a mountain, have about 5 acres to tend(too big for hubby and me), a big house, and no longer have kids close(everyone moved out of state to work). Fishing is good here, hunting is OK(no big game like in WY), neighbors are friendly enough to speak and chat but no "party animals", no terrible drug or race issues in the area, and no stealing if something is left out on the porch or in the yard. My grandkids say it is like time stopped in the 50's or 60's. I never lock my doors or my car, no matter how long I am gone.
- 0May 30, '07 by edchuntHi , I just graduated from D&E on May 13th. It's one of the best schools in the state! I am an LPN that just became RN. You should like it. Tell Dr. C. you heard from me online. I'm Ed. You will see my picture in the 2007 class, I am the last one in the photo. Good luck to you both.
- 0May 31, '07 by XYnurse2BQuote from edchuntHaha! That's AWESOME!! Congrats on your:mortarboard:!! We are very excited about starting. I had a chance to come visit for about a week about one month ago. I think we'll both be happy there. And I have heard nothing but good things about D&E. Can you share a bit about what the program is like there. I'll be taking Eng 101, Anatomy 1, and Nursing 100. How are the professors? I'll have MCutcheon for English, Cruz for nursing success, Stover for Anatomy, and Swecker for Nursing 100. Any little ins and outs of personalities will help. I'm grateful for any 411 you can dish out. Good luck in your continuing career!Hi , I just graduated from D&E on May 13th. It's one of the best schools in the state! I am an LPN that just became RN. You should like it. Tell Dr. C. you heard from me online. I'm Ed. You will see my picture in the 2007 class, I am the last one in the photo. Good luck to you both.
- 0May 31, '07 by edchuntHey there XY, As an LPN going in I didn't have to take the courses you mentioned, but I may be able to tell you a little. I already had the English from previous college and . I don't know what the class is that Cruz is teaching but you will have her again for psych (my specialty). I like her and I work with her some too. I work at the state mental facility where you will do your psych clinicals. I hear the anatomy is tough but that may be because you concentrate so much on nursing courses. You don't have a choice but to have Stover. I would say he knows his stuff. Swecker is a very good OB instructor. She is probably the best they have. If you can tyeach me OB your good! They lost two profs this spring One to retirement and the other just quit. Keep in touch and I will try and help you all I can. I will probably meet you some day at the psych facility.Tell me some things about yourself when you get a chance. This is a small world here in WV and I have lived in it all my life. I'll be looking for some word from you. Just let me know if you need any info. ByeLast edit by edchunt on Jun 4, '07