Work for the VA?Register Today!
- by hopeful_2013 Aug 11, '11Do any of you work for a VA Hospital or work as a civilian in an on-post hospital? I'm a retired veteran and when I graduate, I want to work on-post or at a VA Hospital up north. I was raised in Texas and I want to start my life somewhere new and beautiful. Any advice? How can I get plugged in?
- Aug 12, '11 by tokmomAre you an LPN or RN? They seem to treat LPN's like dirt at the Seattle VA. I worked there years ago and it was not a great place for anything less than an RN.
I would think your being a Vet would get you priority. Have you thought about Madigan Hospital on joint base Lewis-McChord? I heard it's a neat place to work.
- Aug 12, '11 by hopeful_2013Thank you! I'm not quite out of school yet, but when I graduate I'll be an RN. I'll look into those places. Thanks again for your advice!
- Aug 13, '11 by hopeful_2013Great advice! Thanks!
- May 4 by Scooby-Dooby-DooI got hired for the VA Puget Sound at Beacon Hill. I'm quite excited to begin my RN student internship this summer with them as I've Heard nothing but positive comments from people!