wants to intern/extern in WA for summerRegister Today!
- by preety_eyes555 Sep 19, '11Hello im currently a nursing student in california and i am interested in an internship or externship for the summer in the Seattle area. does anyone know where i can find information on how to find one. or if its even possible to intern/extern if i go to school in California?
- Feb 18, '12 by JLoyaIts been a few months since your post but I know the University of Washington Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center just posted some Summer Nurse Tech positions. The positions close in the next week. It requires you to come up here for an Orientation in Late may on a Friday and all day Saturday.
I only know about these because of friend of mine os in the same situation. Our group always hires Summer Nurse Tech's.
Best of luck
- Here is an email that was sent out on working as a Nurse Tech for UWMC in Seattle. I think this is the same opportunity that JLoya was referring to.
Good afternoon ~
The University of Washington Medical Center is looking to provide a working opportunity for your nursing students this summer full time and during the school year as available. We have several Nursing Technician positions for consideration. Some areas include Med/Surg, Neuro, ICU, Oncology, Maternal and Infant Center as well as Clinic Departments.
Please kindly forward these attached documents to your nursing students and/or post these in the appropriate area for their viewing.
Should you have any questions regarding the Nursing Technician positions at the University of Washington Medical Center, I can be reached at:
Email: Kristi8 [at] uw [dot] edu
Thank you with your assistance regarding the above ~
University of Washington Medical Center /
Harborview Medical Center
University of Washington Medical Center is hiring a limited number of nursing students as Nursing Technicians to begin work this summer. Positions are available for full-time nursing students who are available to attend an evening orientation on Friday, May 18, 2012 and an all day orientation on Saturday, May 19, 2012. Must have completed fundamentals of Nursing, and at least two quarters of Adult Medical Surgical Nursing by June 2012. Please apply at www.uwmedicinenursing.org, job requisition #81517. Deadline for applications is February 21, 2012.
NURSING TECHNICIAN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Nursing Personnel, Room BB112
(206) 598-4480 or (800) 548-4480
University of Washington Medical Center
1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356152
Seattle, WA 98195
- NURSING TECHNICIAN
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND FACT SHEET
University of Washington Medical Center has been ranked among the top hospitals nationally by U.S. News and World Report’s annual guide to “America’s Best Hospitals” since 1993, and has been recognized five times as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We hire nursing students as Nursing Technicians in a variety of clinical areas after completion of at least one quarter in a nursing program. To apply, please visit our website at www.uwmcnursing.org.
· Nursing Technicians must be registered with the State of Washington prior to starting work. The registration forms can be downloaded from: https://fortress.wa.gov/doh/hpqa1/hp...NurseTechW.pdf.
· The hourly rate of pay is $14.77 per hour with $1.50/hour evening and $2.25/hour night shift differentials.
· The Nursing Technician role varies among different clinical areas and may be similar in scope to a Hospital Assistant (CNA). Expectations of the role are included in department manager interviews.
· For Summer hires, orientation is approximately 2 weeks in length. Part of this orientation will be completed centrally with other new Patient Care Services employees and the rest of the time will occur on the individual unit or clinic. For Nursing Technicians hired at other times, orientation can be arranged in different sessions depending on your availability. It may take longer than 2 weeks to complete the required orientation classes.
· Hourly employees at the University of Washington are limited to a total number of hours worked per 12 months. Beginning on your date of hire, you are allowed to work up to 950 hours per 12 consecutive months. (exception: UW students - no limit for hours)
· Nursing Technicians must be currently certified in CPR.
· We must receive documentation from your nursing school that verifies the following:
Current enrollment in a State Board of Nursing approved nursing education program.
Satisfactory completion of each term (semester or quarter).
Current level of educational preparation, including nursing knowledge and skills covered to date. (Options for meeting this requirement include clinical evaluations, skills checklists AND a letter from your nursing school.)
Please arrange for your nursing school to send this directly to UWMC Nursing Personnel, 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 356152, Seattle, WA 98195-6152, or email nurspers [at] u.washington [dot] edu.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact the Nursing Personnel office at (206) 598-4480.