[quote=since0901;4785197]Hi. I'm a nursing student.
Could you who are working at a hospital as a RN fill out below form? Thank you.
1. Position classification - Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital
2. What duties and responsibilities are performed in the area - level 3 trauma, center, Yakima Regional does open heart surgery, both hospitals do pretty much anything else. Memorial is only Labor and Delivery in Yakima.
3. what is a typical day like? Same as anywhere else?
4. How dose compensation compare to education and ability level? We are union and get paid on schedule from hire date. Starting RN I believe starts around $27.50 or $28? I know you also get $1 more per hr if you have a bachelors degree and $1 more for each certification (CCRN example)
5. What opportynities are available for advanced training? WSU links for masters programs, DO program in East Yakima.
6, What do you like most about your job and why? Float pool - get to see and learn everything. I've done it for 3 years now (you get an extra $2.50/hr for working float pool) and I like the variety. I go everywhere except ICU, NICU, and LnD.
7. Waht do you like least about your job and why? - Some departments aren't as exciting as the ER or ACU/Telemetry... but its still good experiances and variety... just no adrenaline rushes!
8. How did you decide to get into this field? Started float pool cause I didn't know where I wanted to work, now I love float pool and don't want to leave. I know everyone in every department... plus you don't get into the politics on the floors - its really nice!
9. What types of stress do you experience on the job? - some nurses try to "give it to the float" if they have a pt load they don't want to take - you do need to be strong willed to not get dumped on... stick up for yourself and say thats not fair and more importantly... Thats not SAFE! It doesn't happen much, but occasionally...