Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls
- 2Feb 24, '12 by margritamixHello everyone,
I have just applied to Bellevue College for Fall 2012/Winter 2013 and I just want to hear from anyone who has also applied there. What are your TEAS scores? Do you guys know when we will hear back regarding acceptance/ rejection letters? Is Bellevue College your first choice or are you guys spreading out your applications to other schools?
- 53,942 Visits
- 0Feb 25, '12 by margritamixHello Fishgirl1983!
I got an 84% on my first try and then I got an 87.4 on my second try. Did you also take the test twice? Just by looking at the "Bellevue College 2011 hopefuls" thread from last year, it seems as if I may be accepted, but I just want to double check that Bellevue is only taking the higher of the two TEAS test scores. Do you know anything about that? What did you get for your TEAS score?
- 1Feb 25, '12 by Fishgirl1983I am sure you have a very good chance with your score! I guess it all depends on the pool of applicants. I am just hoping to be at the top or at least middle of the wait list ;-). I got an 85.3%. They only take the highest score of the two. If you do not mind me asking what was the percentile for your score? Is Bellevue your top choice or did you apply elsewhere as well? Bellevue is my only choice, my classes are expired everywhere else. I probably would have done better on the TEAS if my Anatomy was a little bit more recent in my memory ;-)......that was the only sub score that pulled my overall score down. It would be interesting to know how many applications they received for this year!
- 0Feb 25, '12 by margritamixQuote from Fishgirl1983On the results paper that I got from the proctor at Bellevue right after I took my test, It says I am in the 98th percentile, so yeah. I hope that would be enough to get in. If not, I don't know what score will be good enough for them :PI am sure you have a very good chance with your score! I guess it all depends on the pool of applicants. I am just hoping to be at the top or at least middle of the wait list ;-). I got an 85.3%. They only take the highest score of the two. If you do not mind me asking what was the percentile for your score? Is Bellevue your top choice or did you apply elsewhere as well? Bellevue is my only choice, my classes are expired everywhere else. I probably would have done better on the TEAS if my Anatomy was a little bit more recent in my memory ;-)......that was the only sub score that pulled my overall score down. It would be interesting to know how many applications they received for this year!
I actually applied to Seattle University and Shoreline CC besides Bellevue, but Bellevue is my top choice as well I was rejected at Shoreline because my overall point score was too low (I got 92 points and their cut off was at 103 points). Did you try applying at Seattle U as well?
Yeah, I wish I knew more peopel who applied to Bellevue (or at least more people who would join our conversation so we can all commiserte together!)
- 0Feb 27, '12 by rnjenn14Hello~
I applied to Bellevue also, and it is my one and only. I also have old A&P and they are not accepted anywhere else so I am very hopeful that I am accepted at Bellevue this year. I did well on the TEAS so I feel good about that (93.3) but I seem to have developed a bit of OCD when it comes to this application process. I am so worried that I messed something up on my application, or I didn't submit something correctly, etc.... I wish they had a website to check the status of your application to ensure everything is received and complete.
Can't wait for mid-april to arrive! I am happy to have others to commiserate with
Also, I am fairly certain that they will only take your higher TEAS score so I think you will be in good shape!
Best of luck to both of you! It is not an easy road just to get this far.
- 0Feb 27, '12 by Fishgirl1983yes, the application process in itself left me with less hair on my head, that’s for sure! j getting all the titers, shots and all other documents while working full time and taking 3 classes was a “ton of fun!”
i didn’t apply to seattle u. this year, but if i don’t get into bcc this year, i have already succumbed to signing up for retaking a/p to update them and try again next year and i’ll apply to seattle u. as well at that time.
i wonder why it takes so long to hear back……i also wonder if we will be notified if/when we need to take the compass-e write. if that will be before april, or after the letters come out…….
i also hope that not a huge number of people did as well as rnjenn ;-)…….but what a great score, good job!!!!
if 87% is in the 98th percentile this year, that seems that in general scores may possibly be slightly lower this year, compared to the 2011 thread. i could be totally off, but just speculating.
- 0Mar 1, '12 by downtonI would stop stressing about accidentally missing a form, titer, or anything. I turned in a copy of the wrong CPR card (non-healthcare provider) and the office called me about it.
I'm also curious about everyone else's TEAS scores. From what I read on old threads, they changed the test part-way through last year to a harder version. (This explains the slight drop in scores.) I took it twice, with my best score being an 88.7%. And yes, they only take the higher score.Last edit by downton on Mar 1, '12
- 0Mar 1, '12 by CyndyRDHi Everyone!
I only applied to Bellevue. I also got a call because they needed my transcripts sent directly from my college. They are very nice. My score was in the 99 percentile the second time I took it. I am wondering when we will be notified about taking the writing test. Nice to hear from others.