Bellevue College 2012 hopefuls - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 7, '12 by rnjenn14I had interpreted the national and program scores to mean the same thing as you... I can't remember who, but someone explained it to me so I thought I would just pass the info along.
My scores were 99th percentile.
- Mar 8, '12 by downtonDoes anyone know why it takes so long for them to determine who is accepted? I mean, it's based on a single score, so I don't understand why it takes near two months for acceptance letters to get mailed out.
- Mar 8, '12 by margritamixAgree. You'd think by now they will know who have been accepted into the program or not especially since they're only basing it on TEAS scores. Oh well, a few more weeks to go.
Did you guys apply anywhere else or is Bellevue your top choice?
- Mar 8, '12 by downtonI'm counting on Bellevue. I think my score should be enough to get in. I looked into Seattle Central, but kept getting the run around regarding questions about credits, etc. I went to an info session and the woman running it could barely answer any questions, and kept telling us to email the department. (I did, and never got a reply.) I guess that left a bad taste in my mouth, because I haven't made much of an effort towards my application there.
Meanwhile, everything at Bellevue seemed to go so smoothly. Prompt email replies, excellent answers during info sessions, loads of help with the application --- everything feels much more organized and straight forward.
- Mar 10, '12 by margritamixYeah, I heard that Seattle Central had some organization problems within their RN program as well.
Now all we can do is wait and hope we all get in
- Mar 10, '12 by CyndyRDHi,
Is anyone doing the CNA program at BC this spring?
I am in hopes that I also get into the nursing program!
- Mar 14, '12 by downtonHas anyone heard anything from the program yet? I'm dying to know everyone TEAS scores!
- Mar 14, '12 by margritamixHello,
I have taken a CNA course but I did not take it through Bellevue college. I took mine through North Seattle CC. Cynthia, I am not sure if you are looking to get into a CNA program that is fairly quick to finish (it takes about a month or so), but my mom took her CNA course at NATI up by Aurora Ave. and she says that the place is pretty good and quick at teaching CNA basics.
I agree with you downton, I also would like to know other people's TEAS scores but only because I want to get a feel for what the lowest and highest scores are being considered by the college for entry. I am almost tempted to just call the nursing school myself just to find out what the average test score is that they are considering.
- Mar 14, '12 by Fishgirl1983Margritamix please don't forget to post, if you do call and ask them!!!! I would LOVE to know as well, since none of the other 215 applicants have said anything yet!
- Mar 14, '12 by CyndyRDThanks margritamix,
I did look into other places but most are too far since I live in Bellevue. I don't want to be a CNA but the course is required for BC nursing school. That's the only reason I am taking it. I got my scrubs today and tried out some stethoscopes. Like everyone else, I am anxiously waiting to hear.