Georgetown Accelerated BSN hopefuls -- fall 2013 - Page 26Register Today!
- Jun 8 by valval1908Hopefully!
- Morning Mike, I reached out to the director of WHC Scholars program this morning. Hope there's news to share!
- Hi Mike, check your emails. I didn't the scholarship. I find it disheartening since the other applicants got the opportunity to interview for the scholarship rather than write an essay. I hope your news is better than mine. Gotta go figure out whether or not school is still an option.
- Jun 10 by mokyklaHey Val, oh no, I'm so sorry. Yeah, I'm not clear on how this process is working. Seems different for everyone. I just got an email about an hour ago inviting me to interview for the scholarship. I did the essay too. But maybe there will still be the possibility for you to be considered for the scholarship if someone declines or if people drop out of the program at the last minute. Might be worth inquiring. I had seen some postings that some folks weren't certain they were going to accept the scholarship. But here are some things I have been considering which might be useful to you as well. I just applied for the Tylenol scholarship. Check it out. The deadline is June 15 and it's not too labor intensive: Tylenol.com â€” TYLENOLÂ® Future Care Scholarship. Also, did you know that the U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services has a loan repayment program? So, if you work at a high-need clinic or other institution you are eligible to have from 60-85% of your loans repaid by HHS for working at that site for 2 or 3 years: Loan Repayment Program. And there are tons of these sites all across the country. Looks like a great deal to me. Hope this helps out.
- Hi Mike,
Congrats! Glad to hear that you were invited for the interview! Now that I have gotten over the initial shock, I am OK. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I am still excited that I was accepted so I will look into other sources for $$ as you are doing. Yes I have reviewed the HRSA program, but I think my EFC is too high right now. Definitely will look into the Tylenol Scholarship and there is another with AfterCollege that you should check out for people enrolled in accelerated programs. I will post the information soon.
- Jun 11 by valval1908Hi Mike, Check this one out: https://www.aftercollege.com/content...e=ur-schol2013
- Jun 12 by mokyklaAwesome. Thanks Val. When do you think you will make your decision about Georgetown? I really hope you decide to come.
- Jun 12 by valval1908Hi Mike, I am 99% sure that I will be joining you there. My hubby and I are working through the financials. He is very supportive, so I think we will be ok. Have you received any information on enrollment?
- Jun 12 by mokyklaThat's awesome. I hope it works out for you. I have not heard a peep about enrollment. It wasn't clear to me whether that information would be coming by email or regular mail. Have you heard anything?