Interested in hearing the stats from students who were accepted to GT's Accelerated BSN as well as the Scholars program. I am not sure how I would compare. Also, VERY interested to see where everyone took their pre-reqs. Would NVCC suffice?
Me: 32, BA is Sociology/ English with a 3.64 GPA/ have lived in the DC area for 11 years
- worked in a nursing home while in college
- 2008 law school graduate from a lower ranked Tier 4 school (not a great GPA) but passed bar on the first try
- worked 5 years for a large national civil rights non-profit doing fundraising
- concentrated on public interest law while in law school (low-income clients)
- currently work for a national legal non-profit doing program work (serving low-income clients, but I don't actually practice)
- I have had the med field bug for years, but went to law school b/c that was what I had "planned" for myself. Wished I had followed my heart and passion.
I plan to start volunteering at a local hospital (hopefully WHC) for 4 hours per week for the next 2/ 3 years. Regardless of where I end up, I need to save money to be able to live b/c I do not want any more student loans than I already have.
- I plan to take all my science pre-reqs at NVCC and perhaps statistics and ethics at CCDC (DC's new community college) starting in the fall, but at a very slow pace. I am shooting for all A's here.
From this small snapshot, do I sound at all competitive for these programs?