Tidewater Community College!!!Register Today!
- by exquisiteflaws Jan 29I am looking to apply for for either Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 at TCC. I have taken all of my prereequisites at NSU but I have also taken other courses that are not prerequisites and do no pertain to the Nursing Program at all. I wanted to know do they take my total GPA or just my averaged GPA of my prerequisite courses? I hope this question makes sense!
- 1,203 Views
- Mar 22 by regina9979Hello exquisiteflaws,
I was wondering if you decided to apply for the TCC nursing program for Fall2013 or Spring 2014? I submitted my application on March 11, 2013 and I am waiting as patiently as I can for the decision. This is a really long wait and it's driving me crazy. I am not sure how they break down the GPA but I do know they put a lot of importance on the science and English prereq's. How did you do on those classes? Did you take the HESI-A2? I look forward to hearing from you.
- Mar 26 by SophieTacketti am done stressing out about this. life is not meant to be this freaking stressful. good luck to everyone who has applied.
- Mar 27 by regina9979Sophie,
I am sorry you feel that way. Have you applied in the past or is this stress from applying for the Fall '13 - Spring '14 cohorts? Good luck to you!
- Mar 27 by SophieTackettyes i applied for spring 2013 last year. i was chosen as an alternate. now i am reapplying. now it is a waiting game.
- Mar 29 by regina9979I can understand your frustrations! Do you mind if I ask what your scores were on the HESI? This is my first time applying and I have absolutely no idea what to expect from other candidates. I have all the pre-req's taken care of, but the HESI-A2 just concerns me. I hate waiting, it seems like it just drags on and on. Which cohort did you apply for this time? I applied for the Aug. start date!
- Apr 19 by meloda07Hey guys I'm a 2014 hopeful still working on prerequisites but I did just attend their info session on Wednesday and they said they don't care about your overall gpa just your prerequisites and corequisites gpa. They refuse to disclose anything about Hesi a2 except the very minimum score is 45 and its weight is as heavy as one of the sciences. Hope this helps good luck everyone.
- Apr 29 by regina9979mELODA07,
Did I read that correctly that the minimum score is 45%? Really? That seems really low for acceptance. I got an overall score of 88% and thought that was not a good score but with what you said - I am feeling better.
- Apr 29 by meloda07they said 45 is the minimum to be allowed to apply but in sure the people that got accepted had way better scores than 45 but 80 something is probably really good.