RN program durationRegister Today!
- by pacjeffery Apr 18Is there anyplace to see the length of RN programs in the Chesapeake area?
- Apr 19 by missnurse01it is usually pretty standard across the country. That is for the nursing program itself, when all prereqs have been done.
ADN- 2 years
BSN - 2 years (can be more)
accelerated BSN - 1 year.
diploma - usually 3.
that's usually the norm across the country. You could always call all the schools and ask them.
- Apr 19 by MeriwhenAlso, keep in mind that you will probably have to complete some pre-req classes, so that will add time depending on how many classes you have.
Can't remember if you are a LVN already, but LVN-RN programs are usually 1-2 years.
- Apr 19 by pacjefferyI'm not an LPN yet. I'm trying to get into the program. One other posibility: J Sargeant Reynolds. Their ADN looks great.
- Apr 19 by MeriwhenQuote from pacjefferyIf it helps as a yardstick of sorts, I went for a ADN in VA (though not at J. Sargeant Reynolds). I had a prior BA, non-science major but a Biology minor.I'm not an LPN yet. I'm trying to get into the program. One other posibility: J Sargeant Reynolds. Their ADN looks great.
All told, it took me 4 years: 2 for the program itself, 2 for pre-reqs. I do admit taking the pre-reqs one class at a time because I had a small child. Didn't work at all during those 4 years due to said small child.
- Apr 19 by pacjefferyI checked out the prereqs at some of the colleges. I've complete (or will have completed) most all the requirements. Keep in mind I won't be in school until Fall 2014. Some programs only start in the Spring (Sentara) so 2015 is the earliest. I'm really trying to get an RN somehow before my kids become school age. If I do a 4-semester program starting Fall 2014, by Spring 2016 they'll be only 3. I would prefer a BSN right off but if I get into a less expensive ADN (or if an LPN the LPN-BSN program) I'll take it. Also, I am going to be 38 this year. By Spring 2016 I'll be 41.
- Apr 20 by HeatherMaxI have never heard of J Sargent Reynolds, it must not be local. Online?