Anyone applying to Bon Secours Fall 2014?
- 0Feb 21 by Supermom1Hi, I just finished taking the TEAS and am applying to the Bon Secours 2014 Fall program. Anyone else applying and if so, how did you do on the TEAS? It's really exciting and with that comes being anxious too..........
- 152 Views
- 0Mar 6 by gracejeter@Supermom1 I've applied for Fall at Bon Secours! I'm pretty antsy, but only because I've had all my materials in for about a month now. How did you like the TEAS? I took it at the end of January and got an 88 (adjusted, 98th percentile). I have a previous bachelor's degree, but in business. Really hoping the next 7 weeks go by quickly because I would love to go to Bon Secours!
- 0Mar 6 by Supermom1Yea, I'm definitely antsy to say the least. With a previous bachelors and 88 on the TEAS, pretty sure you will get in. I did OK on the TEAS with an 81. I'm retaking next Monday to try and improve my science portion. I have past grades that are haunting me from 20 plus years ago. I've asked that they absolve those so we will see how that goes. Stay in touch and hopefully others can weigh in and see how they feel about all of this! Good luck!!!!
- 0Mar 7 by Supermom1Do you have any of the science pre-requisites finished?
I am very curious to see how the entire group of candidates did as a whole. I spoke with someone at BSMSON and they told me close to 200 take the TEAS, half don't pass and of the 100 left, 80 are accepted. That sounds encouraging to me, but again, those old (20+years) bad grades are haunting me. I really wanna go to Bon Secours as I would like to get my Bachelors as opposed to AD. 7 weeks is a long time........fingers crossed for both of us.
- 0Mar 10 by gracejeterWith your TEAS score (even though you're re-taking it) I think you'll do fine! I know that they factor that in considerably, at least that's how they made it seem! They even said two people got in last year with 2.5/2.6 GPAs because they scored so high on the TEAS. And if your grades are from that long ago, they shouldn't bring you down to terribly, especially with your high TEAS score!
I have all my first year requirements done (all in previous degree), but have to take A&P 1&2, and likely BIO. I had BIO 101 6 years ago this fall, so I'm hoping they'll accept it since I have a BS and not a BA. But I may see if I can CLEP test out of BIO altogether! I took Developmental Psychology this past fall, but other than that, I'll be starting from the second year courses. You could always re-take the 'bad grade' classes over again! Summer is long, and plenty of time to catch up and do grade replacements before fall semester begins, hoping you get in!
I know what you mean about the chances of getting accepted--when I heard the numbers at the info session, I got pretty excited, but they did mention they'll take about 85 from the 100 they cut out from 200+ that apply. I would love to start in the fall, but if I'm not accepted I'll apply again after taking summer classes to improve my GPA. I just finished my CNA course, so I can always do that until I get into school!
I'll keep in touch and I really hope we both get in! The deadline is so close, I'm getting excited, but definitely still nervous!!
- 0Mar 10 by Supermom1I appreciate the kind words as I am feeling pretty hopeless at this point. I hadn't really considered an 81 on the TEAS to be "high". I guess given the numbers that half don't even pass, I should feel lucky. I have retaken all of the bad grades and now have a 4.0 in them so hopefully that means a lot. I could technically start as a Junior and I'm hoping they take into consideration I worked for St. Mary's here in Richmond in the main OR and have 15+ years experience already in surgery (mostly working 2 jobs). I was the Neurosurgical coordinator at my old hospital for years and have worked in all areas of surgery. I hope that works in my favor. I really want to go to school here.
If I'm not accepted, I am going to go ahead and apply to the JSRCC program and am taking the Kaplan in 2 weeks as a back up. I'm really over testing as it is right in the middle of my other classes and I don't wanna jeopardize my GPA at this point. I am going to go ahead and take Ethics and Statistics in the summer just to knock them out. I loved summer classes last year as they were only once a week in the evenings. Yes, they are a long 4 hours, but the rest of my week is free to be with my kiddos!
I'm really hoping we both get in, would be a real life changer for us......
Deadline is almost here........keep me posted.