need advice on moving to another stateRegister Today!
- by omfowler Jan 4I am moving to California from Utah and don't know what steps to take first. I have 1 year of experience. Should I apply for a job without having a California license? I'd like to remain working until I can find a new job, Can I hold 2 licenses at the same time? Also, How do I interview without actually living there? If anyone has any advice or has done this before, I'd appreciate the help!
- Jan 4 by Meriwhen1. You can definitely start applying for jobs in CA...but to be honest, there are so many job applicants to choose from; unless you are a truly outstanding applicant, most places won't consider your application without your having a CA license. But you can still start making your name and resume known to people.
2. Yes, you can hold two (or more!) state licenses at once, even if you are not working in one (or more) of those states at this time. You would apply for licensure by endorsement into CA. Go to the CA BRN website to find out how to get the process started:
Board of Registered Nursing - Licensure by Endorsement
Keep in mind that it can take several weeks to a few months to get CA endorsement, so you should start on it ASAP.
3. Interviews in another state are usually done by telephone; occasionally, they could be done via Skype.
Best of luck!
- Jan 5 by omfowlerThanks so much! Your advice was helpful! I'll get going on that application!
- Jan 13 by omfowlerWow 3 months!? That's crazy! Did you do phone interviews?
- Oct 16 by Scooby-Dooby-DooHaha I was looking at the Utah fórums and saw this! I'm actually from CA and looking for UT for opportunities in ICU as a new grad. I'm still a nursing student and graduating in December. I wonder how the Utah market is like out there