UTA Spring 2012 - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 10, '11 by acwilson06Just a quick FYI I spoke with the registrar from Lamar yesterdayanf they Said the September class will b full before the aug deadline... Thank you so much for the advice! Did you take the micro online? I'm
Having serious issues trying to decide if I should do it....
- Jun 10, '11 by katybusymomI just took Micro from UTA. It's a really TOUGH class. I got an A, but it was NOT easy. The tests are very hard, the final was incredibly hard. I have no idea if there will be a curve or not. I'm sure a lot of people dropped. Honestly, I think Micro at UTA is a weed-out class preparing us for Pharmacology. I've heard Pharm at UTA is a major deal too.
- Jun 10, '11 by Mochachild@acwilson06
What?! Full by the August start date?! What kind of nonsense is that?! LSC need to change their deadlines, right? Well, I plan on taking Micro in the Fall at UTA. I am banking on the fact that there will be more than one professor teaching this course during that semester. As far as making a decision, realistically weigh your options. Only you know what's best for you! Then...move forward!
Congrats with Micro! Hone into those skills you'd acquired in Micro because it will come in handy for Pharm. It is a beast.
- Jun 10, '11 by tejas03Congrats to all you guys finishing up Micro!!! I'm starting on the 20th and know that I have some work ahead of me for sure! I am taking Patho now and will take Pharm in August. I have heard many say that Pharm is a lot harder than Patho so I am preparing for that class too!
- Jun 14, '11 by MsMilaHello everyone,
After reading all 11 pages of this thread I am a bit saddened at the fact that maybe UTA won't be for me. I will still apply in Jan 2012, but I am also now considering the PA program and TWU. I would like to do the TWU weekend program since I have a BS degree, I thought that would help at UTA and the fact that I'm taking at least 30 pre reqs. I wish I would have known about UTA's program prior to it getting really popular.
As for the PA program, from what I see you will have to have 2 years of health care experience.
- Jun 14, '11 by MsMilaI will be taking A&P2 and Psyc 3310 starting on the 20th. I am looking forward to this course being over already.
- Jun 15, '11 by Mochachild@MsMila
Don't be discouraged as each situation/applicant is different. Some of us have been through this process more than once and we're still learning. I applaud you for applying to other programs. I wish that I would have done that the last time around. Good luck and much success towards your endeavors!
- Jun 15, '11 by adrialeigh@ MsMila
I am also applying for the PA program at UTSW. If I don't get into PA school, I'm also planning to apply for the weekend nursing program at TWU. I opted to not take Patho and Pharm right now at UTA. I'm really banking on PA school or TWU at this point. I definitely feel like I have a better chance with those programs vs. UTA's AP program just based on how they calculate GPAs. Plus, at least PA school will consider my 2 years of hands-on patient care experience as a nerve conduction technologist, as well as a personal essay and letters of recommendation. Good luck to you!
- Jun 15, '11 by adrialeigh@ Zweiells
UTSW doesn't require 2 years experience, but if you don't have hands-on healtchare experience through work you should at least have plenty of shadowing or volunteering hours. Your chances of getting at UNT HSC are a lot better though, since they accept double the amount of students (75 vs. only 36 at UTSW) and UTSW is ranked in the top 10 of the 140 PA schools in the nation. Apparently UNT also reserves up to 90% of their spots for Texas residents. I want to apply to that one as well but I have to take an upper level biology like Cell Physiology or Biochemistry. Cell Physiology is only offered in MWF from 10-10:50 at UTA, and that's a little difficult when you have a full-time 8 to 5 job that you want to keep! Plus, I REALLY want to get into UTSW!