NURS 4325 Research Start Date 5/20/2013Register Today!
- by laskydncr May 11I am hoping others will join this thread and we will be as successful as in previous classes. Relax with our well earned week off. See you on May 20th.
- 12,248 Views
- May 12 by krazyladyI'll be joining in. Trying to relax now that the bear that was assessment is behind me!
- May 12 by vizzleI will be there with you! I posted previously for other classes, and it didn't start any great dialogue. Hopefully this one will be different.
Does everyone have their books yet? I think I bought the last instock copy at amazon.
- May 13 by rnmalexI'll be in research 5/20 as well. Hope it goes smoothly!
- May 13 by vizzleWhere is everyone from? I am from CT.
- May 13 by ScarletFireI'm with you. Heard nasty stories about this class. Hope they are wrong.
- May 13 by mom3boysI am starting this class 5/20. Would love to be a part of an online group. I have a friend who just finished the UTA program. All A's in all the nursing classes except this research class! Makes me very nervous, but I will be as determined as in all my other classes. Happy to find this thread...
- May 13 by mom3boysBought the book, on Amazon. Understanding Nursing research, by Burns. The online syllabus has this book listed as required, however the UTA link to the bookstore has a different book listed as required and this one as optional. Not sure which one will be useful
- May 13 by MarkGJust finished this class, the quizzes are pretty rough. Everything but the quizzes consists of group work. Grading on some of the assignments is interesting with the mentors and lead teacher differing on interpretation. You will be dividing up the work, make sure you have everyone submit a day or two before the deadline. You need the time to put the assignment together before submitting it. It also let's you see the weak links in the group and correct anything. My group ended up with everyone passing with A's or B's. Also listen to the podcasts, the lead teacher gives you critical instructions on the assignments.
- May 13 by ScarletFireHi mom3boys,
Hmmm, I checked the UTA bookstore link as well as the required book list for nursing classes and the books are the same (Understanding nursing research text w/ study guide by Burns and Grove). Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Recommended books are APA guides.