Which is harder A&P II or Micro at UTA???Register Today!
- by TWiersch May 16I found A&P I to be full time commitment, and I am not sure I could have taken any other class with it if I had tried. I managed to pull off an A and I need to make A's in all future pre-nursing classes.
I am on to A&P II and Micro next semester. I need to take Dev Psych along with one of these classes. I was thinking I would do it with micro because A&P is so time consuming, but I have a feeling micro will be too.
Any thoughts on which class I should take along with Dev Psych?
- 680 Views
- May 16 by evmarieI took them all separately. I have known people to do it in the same semester, but it seems pretty tough. At least for me I am really glad I took them individually. Micro in some ways was harder for me than a & p, but I think that depends on the person. And if you want a really good GPA to get into nursing school I think it helps to space them out! Just so you are not overwhelmed.
- May 16 by TWierschThanks Evmarie. I am NOT planning to take A&P and micro at the same time. I am going to take each separately even though in the same semester. I am just trying to decide which one I will take with Dev Psych. I took Biology with Sociology and found that manageable. However, A&P I was like 2 classes in one. Ugh...I really have to get it all done next semester...I hope I can do it! I wish I had time to take psych this summer!
- May 16 by flyingauntmimiI took both A&P I and II online at UTA and am finishing up Micro tomorrow. For me, Micro was leaps and bounds more difficult as the professor was unhelpful and basically the only tool you have to learn the material is the book and the online LearnSmart tool from the book publisher. The assignments had incorrect page numbers associated with them and and tests are full of misspelled words, poor punctuation and random fonts. The professor did not respond to emails and in my opinion did not "teach" anything. You basically read the materials and take a test. In A&P I and II, I took the same prof. for both, found the prof to be hard but helpful and the materials thoughtfully laid out. She also has recorded lectures from campus classes which I found helpful. She will answer any questions right away, she communicates throughout and is willing to help if you are willing to put in the time. Just my humble opinion!
- May 16 by evmarieOh sorry misread that! Anyways they are both hard. Dev Psych I found to be pretty easy so it almost is either way!
- May 16 by TWierschThat is a bummer about microbiology. I was looking forward to that class. I wonder if there is another good school to take this class online? Anyone know? I agree the prof for A&P is very helpful and formats the class well, other than a few missing lectures. She is a good teacher even though challenging!
- May 19 by MalorymugI took Micro and Dev Pysch together and it was an easy A for both. I agree with everyone else, the instructor is not helpful and I found her test questions to be tricky and obscure especially after A&P where everything was straight forward and she tested on important topics not the super weird exceptions.
- May 22 by TWierschThanks Malorymug! How did you manage an A in micro? Right now I am scheduled to take micro and Developmental Psych together and then I will be applying to WGU's nursing program in January! A's in my science courses are a must!!! Thanks to the open book quizzes and labs and straight forward lab practicals in A&P I, I think I will be able to pull off another A in A&P II. Micro is worrying me though. Did you find reading the text was imperative for micro? I found that reading the whole text for A&P wasn't all too useful esp. for anatomy - I realize part II is mostly physiology and probably should read more.
- May 23 by MalorymugQuote from TWierschText book reading is all you have for Micro. No lectures and no notes. Diligently study every night. But, also, I have a BS in biochemistry and I'm married to a cell biologist, so I kinda thought micro was a easy, broad overview of a fascinating subject.Thanks Malorymug! How did you manage an A in micro? Right now I am scheduled to take micro and Developmental Psych together and then I will be applying to WGU's nursing program in January! A's in my science courses are a must!!! Thanks to the open book quizzes and labs and straight forward lab practicals in A&P I, I think I will be able to pull off another A in A&P II. Micro is worrying me though. Did you find reading the text was imperative for micro? I found that reading the whole text for A&P wasn't all too useful esp. for anatomy - I realize part II is mostly physiology and probably should read more.
Just remember, there will be spelling errors and the test is meant to be tricky, don't let it slow you down.
- Jun 8 by iLOVEbeesFor those who took micro at UT online, does the course allow you to work ahead? I'm taking A&P II right now and it allows you to work ahead, which is great, instead of locking down tests until certains days.
If Micro allows you to work ahead, I'll be able to take Capstone 2 months earlier. I'd like to finish in October instead of December.