Texas Tech 2nd Degree BSN - LubbockRegister Today!
- by MesrÍves May 28, '12Hello everyone,
I am new to "allnurses.com". I could not find any recent info on Texas Tech 2nd Degree Program in Lubbock so I started a topic for the Lubbock campus. Please share any info regarding the application process, interview, etc.. I recently applied for August 2012 so now I'm just waiting.
- 6,979 Views
- Jun 1, '12 by ms.aggie12Hi there!I've recently applied to the program also. From what I've heard interviews are June 20something and we'll get notification about a week in advance. I'm really nervous and anxious because I really want to get into this program
- Jun 2, '12 by MesrÍvesHello! You and I are in the same boat. I guess we just have to wait. Do you know anything about the essay that other students on this forum talked about?
- Jun 3, '12 by ms.aggie12Okay so I've got an interview date now but it's in Odessa ...it's not my first choice but I'm still really excited. There's an essay we have to submit before the actual interview abt life experiences etc
- Jun 3, '12 by MesrÍvesThat's great! Congrats! I'm still waiting. I submitted my application really late so I might not hear anything soon. Honestly I don't really care where as long as I get in. I'm hoping for the best. Keep me posted on your journey ms.aggie.
- Jun 7, '12 by cass1320Hey, I've been trying to find a thread for the Fall 2012 admissions and this is the only one I've seen so far. I got my interview too, for Lubbock. I'm really nervous, I wonder how many people have applied? Do either of you know if everyone gets an interview or not?
- Jun 7, '12 by ms.aggie12@mesrÍves That's great news! I'm excited for you! Did you pick an interview day yet? And omgsh can you believe I'm still working on my essay! I don't know if I'm over thinking the questions or what but it's becoming harder than I thought. I hate questions that ask for something intresting about yourself. I just got out of undergrad so I don't have any real career experience etc. At this point, I think I'm just going to close my eyes and submit what I have lolLast edit by ms.aggie12 on Jun 7, '12 : Reason: Added more
- Jun 7, '12 by ms.aggie12Welcome Cass1320! I've been wondering the same thing. From what I've read on other posts, about a quarter of applicants don't get an interview, and about half of those interviewed make the program. Of course that was a different year and the numbers may be different for us, higher or lower! One thing is for sure though, we all have interviews, so that's a step in the right direction
- Jun 7, '12 by MesrÍves@ms.aggie12. You bet I already picked an interview date. they have interviews in Lubbock on the 19th, 20th, and 21st so I picked the first available one on Merlin. I want to get it over it. I haven't been in an interview in a long time and I tend to get nervous; I just hope it doesn't show. As for this essay, I am trying to complete it. Have you had any volunteer experience? If so maybe you can pull something from that but I'm sure you'll find an answer to question 2. Don't close your eyes and submit lol. You'll do great!