LVN's that work in San AntonioRegister Today!
- by Kaligirl02 Jun 16Hey all! I am moving to Lackland AfB at the end of the summer and was wondering if you could give me some info on where to apply, what facilities are the best to work for, the LVN-RN programs, and what are the good areas to live. I will have 6 months of Rehab experience when I get there. I think I would like to work at Baptist. Do they pay well there? I get 20/hr 20.90 after 1330 and 22.90 on weekends. I know I have a lot of questions and appreciate your responses, thank you.
- Jun 16 by Meeh619Apply on base!! Those are the best jobs in my opinion. After working on a base for 6yrs I couldn't pick a better place then the military. Go to the clinics or hospitals & see who has contracts with them. Contracts pay more, Or go GS spouses get in before civilians. You can do SAMMC since you'll have rehab experience. They have everything there.
Baptist is a good hospital that would be my second choice.
In my opinion stay away from living by lackland!!!!
Especially if you got kids!! Most ppl where I live (randolph afb area) commute to Lackland. Lots of ghetto spots & bad schools over there plus traffic is a pain.
- Jun 16 by Kaligirl02Thanks for the reply! Nope, no children here. I keep hearing that we should live by seaworld.. Does that seem right? Would you happen to know the pay scale out there! Thanks again!
- Jun 17 by Meeh619Quote from Kaligirl02Seaworld is very nice area, but pricey. Well I guess it's all pricey now. When I moved down here from San Diego 6yrs ago we hit jack pot, it was really cheap but since everyone found Texas lol it got crazy out here. It's not as bad as other place but for San Antonio it's pricey out there. Look into Schertz, Cibolo, Universal City it's a little further put very nice & not too bad on price. It's close to schlitterbahn, the rivers, lakes & 45min to Austin or 20-30 to downtown. I love it. But like I said its a lil ways from lackland. My neighbors say its not too bad but..…Thanks for the reply! Nope, no children here. I keep hearing that we should live by seaworld.. Does that seem right? Would you happen to know the pay scale out there! Thanks again!
Pay I don't know. I worked on base & pay was $17-20 starting. That was through a contractor. Civilian hospitals I don't know sorry.
U asked about schools in your earlier post maybe you can look into that so you know where to move…
Many schools offer LVN-RN
Baptist Health System
San Antonio College
Many online schools now I live pretty close to WBU from what I hear they are the only school around here that offers LVN-BSN. some guy in my class said he moved from Dallas just for that program. Many hospitals out hear are looking for Bachelors not associates.
Something to think about if your planning on going back to school. Good Luck!!!!Last edit by Meeh619 on Jun 17
- Oct 31 by CarleMeierIm starting the LVN program at Baptist Health on 1/6/14. GREAT school!
- Oct 31 by Kaligirl02Congrats! I started the Galen LVN-RN program the beginning of this month.