Any LTAC positions for new grads?Register Today!
- by heartsgal Jan 31I never hear anyone talk about applying for positions at one of the many LTAC facilities we have in Houston. Do they hire new grads very often? I mentioned once and to some classmates who acted like I said a dirty word But to me, a not so ideal job is better than no job.
- Jan 31 by nashcookiepls what is ltac
- Feb 1 by heartsgalLong term acute care
- Feb 3 by heartsgalI'll be graduating from an ADN program in early May and I enjoy working med-surge, so I was wondering what are some facilities that hire new grads out there? Thanks
- Feb 9 by heartsgalQuote from Sgplemons23Really? What state are you in? I'm in the Houston area and when I ask someone about working in one of the facilities here like Kindred, they only have negatives to say and try to discourage me from applying there. I read a thread where someone said they had 25 patients to care for, but I've never heard of that around here.I'm a new grad and just started at the LTAC Kindred. They have many locations and offer new grad programs.
- Feb 10 by leighTXSelect Specialty is an LTAC in San Antonio, and I'm fairly sure they hire new grads (ADNs included). I know one of the WOCNs I saw there on clinical was an LVN.