TEAS Math help!!!Register Today!
- by boragirl02 Nov 8, '12I just recently took the TEAS V and FAILED the Math part!!! I studied McGraw Hill's study guide as a refresher, but I guess that was not enough! What other books should I read up on? Any other tips you can can give so that I can review properly and get rid of my Math testing anxiety? Thanks for all replies!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796585©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,116 Views
- Nov 9, '12 by StevenAkaProekYou should narrow down your difficulties and go on youtube to watch how to solve those problems. That always works for me I watch a couple videos by different user's to get a better understanding and different methods of solving problems.
Also, Khan Academy has a great Math exercise section that allows you to work on just about anything under algebra, pre-algebra, basic math etc
If you're stuck on a problem it will suggest a tutorial video for that particular section.
- Nov 9, '12 by Tflowers34907I used a book called Pre-Algebra De-Mystified (it builds your math skills from the ground up and also has a geometry section) in conjunction with the videos from Khan Academy. I studied for my TEAS for roughly 10 days and ended up scoring an 86.7% on the math part. I haven't taken a math class for about 6 years. Good luck to you!
- Nov 9, '12 by givemeu1I got my TEAS results today and I bombed on the math and science portion but scored high enough in Reading and English to put my Individual Total Score high enough for the program. Our college only goes by the Reading, Math, and Individual Total Score to get accepted. If the math portion is low, they require a Math 1102 (basic math) course that needs to be completed during the summer before Nursing School starts. It's disheartening to me because I "thought" I had it and now have to retake the test to better my chances of getting in or cross my fingers that my ITS is high enough to get in and end up taking the Math 1102 during the summer before Nursing School starts. I used McGraw-Hill TEAS V study guide and the questions on the practice test are a piece of cake compared to the actual test. On the practice exams I scored well over 80% in math and only 60% on the real test. I will stick with ATI and Kaplain's this time around and enroll in a remedial math course to better my chances for the TEAS in March. Good Luck to you.
- Nov 10, '12 by AustincbIt will cost you another $40 but I recommend taking the practice test online and ATI testing It will give you specifics for each category and what you need to study so you'll know exactly where your deficiencies are in math.
- Nov 11, '12 by LPNwannabe123TEAS is absolutely, ridiculously difficult
- Nov 11, '12 by LPNwannabe123I could use a little help with Dimensional Analysis! Yikes! It's new to me...if anyone has any practice problems, I sure would appreciate it