TEAS Exam Math sectionRegister Today!
- by brutus00 May 21Hello Everyone,
I just took the TEAS Exam yesterday and didnt do as well as I wanted especially the Math portion scored 50%. i had been studying everyday since April. I had gone through the ATI study manual page by page taking alot of notes, went through the 2 practice exams twice so i felt confident going in.. The math portion gave me the hardest time. Does anyone have any suggestions on other study material i could use to be better prepared for next time i take it?
- May 21 by BeautyfullyjustmeI absolutely love math! But when I worked out a problem and didnt get any of the given answers, I just worked the problem backwards. But if it's something in particular you dont understand, you can message me I dont mind helping you understand it more.
- May 21 by Meeh619I bought a study guide from walmart but the one from the ati website was the best. I rented it. Now that you know what's on there study that work the problems over and over. I hate math and I failed it the first time too but I rented the study guide and realized they are the same questions just worded different. Keeping working the problems over and over. Good luck!!
- May 21 by BeautyfullyjustmeI absolutely love math! My fav subject. But what I used to do was when I worked a problem & didn't get any of the answers, I would just work it backwards & plug-in the answers. I wouldn't mind helping you understand more if you wanted me to. Just send me a message or whatever.
- May 22 by CheripkMy school offers math modules that are on the computer to help people who need to brush up on math or just learn content over, usually like basic math up to algebra so you may want to look into that and see if your school offers it. I think the math was basic but it makes it more difficult when you are so used to a calculator and then you can't use one at all. Try writing down a short list of steps to solving problems that you have trouble with and try to remember those steps. Otherwise I just kept going over and over the math section in the ATI guide until I did better, it took me awhile but I felt the study guide and test were very similar formats and similar type questions.
- May 22 by pmabrahamHi:
I started going through the lessons and videos at https://www.khanacademy.org/ to brush up on math.
Other sites that may be helpful include the following:
Algebra.Help -- Calculators, Lessons, and Worksheets
Math.com - World of Math Online
- May 22 by Medic/RN2BYaymath.org. he is an outstanding teacher! Not only did it help me with my teas but it got me through pre-cal & trig class! Lol