Montgomery college TEAS takers?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Montgomery college TEAS takers? in TEAS Exam Help, part of Nursing Student ... Anyone go to Montgomery college? The requirements for the program are quite high, 66% of higher on...by jvd90 Jul 19, '12Anyone go to Montgomery college? The requirements for the program are quite high, 66% of higher on overall score and 78% on reading in order to pass. I failed my first try, and just bought the ATI study book, my test is in four days. Any tips guys?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=759871©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 588 Views
- Jul 21, '12 by soyboyHi JVD- My advice is to read the ATI study guide thoroughly, especially the Reading Comp section. It's all about understanding what they want (i.e. is this passage expository, technical, or persuasive?). Of all the sections, Reading is most subjective, so if you know what ATI is looking for, you'll be better prepared on test day. Definitely take the 2 practice exams in the study guide, making sure you review the areas where you are weakest. Spend most of your study time on your lowest-score areas. Take every minute of time to check and re-check your work! Make sure you are answering the question they are asking (seems basic, but it's easy to get off track). I used the McGraw-Hill "5 Practice TEAS Exams" and it was good practice. Get a good night's sleep before the exam and be prepared to not be able to use the restroom for the entire 3 1/2 hours of the exam. My proctor was strict! She even denied my request for more scratch paper ("Sorry, everyone get 3 sheets only" she said). Good luck!
- Jul 22, '12 by nursepancakeHello Jvd!....Are in the process of enrolling in Virginia College?
- Jul 23, '12 by JasmineLeeI'm trying to go to that school. I failed the test the first time too so I'm getting ready for the second time now. MC's standards are a but higher than most schools; that's why I'm studing extra hard. We can study together if you want
- Jul 23, '12 by jvd90Thank you so much for your advice! My exam is tomorrow and i am spending the last hours reviewing basics as much as i can! Hopefully i do well!
- Jul 23, '12 by jvd90Thank you so much for your advice! My exam is tomorrow and i am spending the last hours reviewing basics as much as i can! Hopefully i do well!<br>