vcu crna interview
- 0Oct 6, '12 by crnamissHey guys i got selected to interview next week vcu crna program, I'm very nervous and don't know what to expect, a few pionters from people who interviewed will be very well appreciated, what worked for you? what would yoy have done differently? Thank you for your responses in advance
- 1Oct 6, '12 by missnurse01Hi ! From what I hear their interviewers are more informal than some other schools. I have a list of questions I am going to review answers for , I have found them just by searching here at all nurses and doing general Google searches for crna interview questions. I am hoping it helps some of my answers be a little more smooth ! Otherwise I am brushing up on ccrn type stuff and acls protocols. I interview the week after you so can't give specific advice.
Are you flying in ! Plane tickets are so expensive right now !
Good luck and let us know how it goes !
- 0Oct 7, '12 by missnurse01gosh I am so jealous! you are the third local-ish person that I know of that is interviewing there. there is another thread a little further down about vcu do, just for those of us applying to keep in touch. I am shelling out 600 bucks for a flight and hotel, but all worth it! I am so excited!
are you going to move closer to the school if you get in? or commute? I am hearing that parking at vcu is awful so am considering living at least within easy bus commute.
did you apply anywhere else?
- 0Oct 7, '12 by crnamissthanks will definetly, check that thread out. Yes it's deffinetly worth it overall lol. I am thinking about commuting for classess and then moving down when it's time for clinicals, i am thinking about applying to odu, university of pitts, duke but its kinda late, next class isnt till january 2014.
- 0Oct 7, '12 by missnurse01I was really thinking about Duke when I first started looking at programs. It fell off my list somewhere along the way though. VCU is my #1 choice though. I have been trying to figure out what bus commuting is, since it sounds like it takes 1/2 hour to get a parking space then walk to class...but want to live outside the city. We are probably moving there in April, whether I get in or not. Then will reapply if I don't get in...and at least by that time I would have in state tuition!
good luck and let us know how your interview went!