Establishing In-State Tuition

  1. Hello!!

    I have recently been accepted to a neighboring state and I am able to use a friend's address. Can anyone give any insight on what is needed to prove in-state tuition? Do they just ask for drivers license? I am planning to change my address at my place of employment as well so that my income tax is in that state. Do you guys recommend I do all this? Just trying to save some $!
  2. Visit emleo27 profile page

    About emleo27

    Joined: Jan '13; Posts: 1


  3. by   missnurse01
    It really depends on the school! Each has its own regulations For in state tuition. I would go to the financial aid website at your school, they should have a document there about establishing residency.

    For me I have to live there and work there for at least a year prior to school starting to establish residency. they do not change residency status after your first year in the program unless you have been working. So having an address there, changing drivers license, and registering the car in the state are all not enough to establish residency. Maybe your school is easier.

    Good luck