CRNA Barry University c/o 2015, to start in January 2013. I am in your COHORT!!! - page 6
by justwannagrad 33,113 Views | 86 Comments
Just wanted to start a thread about people that have been admitted into Barry University's class graduating in 2015, and will be starting next January 2013. Just wanted to get in touch with my future classmates, I am from... Read More
- 0Jul 27, '12 by JaclynSRNAHey all! I also just received my acceptance yesterday from the July 23rd interview. I will also be moving from out of state and I was really unsure of what to choose for a clinical site. I chose South FL. Any input on the sites? Has anyone heard anything from former/current students regarding them?
- 0Aug 2, '12 by ufblondiI'm not sure what was worse...waiting to interview or waiting to hear if accepted! They just told me today I have to get my ccrn certification though! Guess I'll be studying for that along with taking the 2 head start classes.
marthagp, I do believe they have a session in august..they will interview until full. You should call/email and ask..they are very helpful and quick to respond.
- 0Aug 2, '12 by COLORADOGIRLAMThey just called me the other day for an interview August 22nd! Does anyone know if everyone accepted/being offered a position either has or is being required to take their CCRN. I have not taken the test yet and am thinking they are going to make that one of the provisions. If that is true I will be taking a chem and CCRN....FUN FUN : )
- 0Aug 12, '12 by ufblondiColoradogirl....ccrn isnt required. I think they decide if they want you to take it based on how you do on the test and your experience. They asked me a few clinical questions and since i told them we rarely use swans and hemodynamic monitoring on my unit unless they are a liver patient then i think that is why they decided i should take it. I don't really mind though. it's just going to make me a better nurse by studying for it and i would much rather study/take ccrn instead of having to retake the gre! (which i have heard they require of some ppl too)
- 0Aug 20, '12 by rploonamI've submitted my application for the Jan 2014 start and am waiting to hear back, I've been reading all the good posts, especially about Orlando. I was planning on that being my first choice as I have family in Melbourne. I have 5 years of high acuity ED experience in San Francisco as well as a stint of rotor wing flight experience with successful intubations. Have any of you already in the program had classmates without ICU experience?