UTMB-Family Nurse Practitioner Program Summer 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 18 by emmedell1So even though our official transcripts were sent to nursing CAS we have to resend official transcripts to the school now? My application satus on my star now says incomplete? That's an inconvenience if we have to resend them. Has anyone else received any updates? I've sent my vaccination forms/disability forms that came in our acceptance email but haven't heard anything back from the school. I hope everything is still okay to start the program.
Also Tina Here's my email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mar 18 by Tina2bFNP2013Hey! Yes I had to resend my official transcripts to the campus. It is definitely an inconvenience but I guess it must be done. My MyStar also says incomplete but I have sent all of the required paperwork.
- Mar 18 by Back2schoolmurseI called again today to verify my acceptance of admission and was able to get confirmation. I too was told to re-send all of my transcripts although my status still says complete on mystar. When I asked about deadlines, they just said ASAP. I'm a little frustrated as I attended UTMB for my BSN, but they shred the student health file upon completion of degrees so now I have to go get new titers drawn and re-sent to the school.
- Hi everyone!!! Congrats again to everyone who got accepted! Tina2bfnp2013 could you also email me the timeline? Jferrraro@gmail.com (yes, there are 3rs). Thank you! Omgoodness, I need to go online and check my status now to see if it had also changed. This is kind of inconvenient... Also, I got an email a while back that says to receive a background check and drug screening no earlier than April 15th. Do we still go by that or will the school send another email out? Thanks for any information
- Does anyone own a MacBook by any chance? I know that the school doesn't really encourage it due to incompatibility of software, but I was told we could download a special software called Parallel or something. Has anyone used this program before in order to use Microsoft? thanks!
- Mar 20 by Back2schoolmurseBackground check and drug screen can't be done until 3 weeks before orientation which was confirmed by the MSN coordinator.
As far as macs go, I know people from my BSN who used Macs through the program and the only issue they had was with online home testing. Apparently we will have to find a proctor anyway so it may not be an issue. I have an iMac now so I guess we will be in the same boat if parallel is necessary.
- Ok thanks back2schoolmurse! I guess we shall see if our comps are compatible #fingerscrossed
- Mar 20 by huanmaiCongrats to all that got accepted. Did utmb require an interview before acceptance?
- Mar 21 by JewelyCongrats to all who are starting in summer 2013! I received an email asking if I want my application to be considered for summer semester, but I don't know anything about what availability will be required. Tina2bFNP2013, does the timeline you have show dates of required campus attendance and clinical weeks? I have prior commitments in May and June and don't know if they would conflict with class dates or clinicals. Thanks for any information!