UTMB-Family Nurse Practitioner Program Summer 2013 - page 3
by Emmedell 16,995 Views | 55 Comments
Hello All, Trying to find SOMEONE who has been accepted into UTMB's Summer 2013 Family nurse practitioner program. I cannot find any threads, would just like to know who else has been accepted to get to know my class. Thanks! ... Read More
- 0Mar 18, '13 by emmedell1So even though our official transcripts were sent to nursing CAS we have to resend official transcripts to the school now? My application satus on my star now says incomplete? That's an inconvenience if we have to resend them. Has anyone else received any updates? I've sent my vaccination forms/disability forms that came in our acceptance email but haven't heard anything back from the school. I hope everything is still okay to start the program.
Also Tina Here's my email email@example.com
- 0Mar 18, '13 by Back2schoolmurseI called again today to verify my acceptance of admission and was able to get confirmation. I too was told to re-send all of my transcripts although my status still says complete on mystar. When I asked about deadlines, they just said ASAP. I'm a little frustrated as I attended UTMB for my BSN, but they shred the student health file upon completion of degrees so now I have to go get new titers drawn and re-sent to the school.
- 0Hi everyone!!! Congrats again to everyone who got accepted! Tina2bfnp2013 could you also email me the timeline? Jferrraro@gmail.com (yes, there are 3rs). Thank you! Omgoodness, I need to go online and check my status now to see if it had also changed. This is kind of inconvenient... Also, I got an email a while back that says to receive a background check and drug screening no earlier than April 15th. Do we still go by that or will the school send another email out? Thanks for any information
- 0Does anyone own a MacBook by any chance? I know that the school doesn't really encourage it due to incompatibility of software, but I was told we could download a special software called Parallel or something. Has anyone used this program before in order to use Microsoft? thanks!
- 0Mar 20, '13 by Back2schoolmurseBackground check and drug screen can't be done until 3 weeks before orientation which was confirmed by the MSN coordinator.
As far as macs go, I know people from my BSN who used Macs through the program and the only issue they had was with online home testing. Apparently we will have to find a proctor anyway so it may not be an issue. I have an iMac now so I guess we will be in the same boat if parallel is necessary.
- 0Mar 21, '13 by JewelyCongrats to all who are starting in summer 2013! I received an email asking if I want my application to be considered for summer semester, but I don't know anything about what availability will be required. Tina2bFNP2013, does the timeline you have show dates of required campus attendance and clinical weeks? I have prior commitments in May and June and don't know if they would conflict with class dates or clinicals. Thanks for any information!