New FNP student....Need some support !!!!
- 0Jul 1, '12 by NerdyNikkiHi everyone, NerdyNikki here!!!!
So I am almsot finish completing my first class and kinda freaking out. I am getting ready to enroll into my second course and learn that I must now that Stastics as well. Im tryng my best to be organized, but working and going to school at the same time is hectic. Not to mention I have a home to take care of also. Im ready for school to be done but at the same time I want to give up.
- 2,021 Visits
- 1Jul 1, '12 by BritFNPThats right. If it were easy everyone would become a NP. I will not lie to you, statistics is a challenge. I took it my first semester of my program and I tried to talk to people about my frustration but no one could relate. Its not like undergrad stats (like we had to take). In fact, my boyfriend had taken two graduate level statistics and most of my class was way over his head as well. Just take it one day at a time. You can do it!
- 0Jul 2, '12 by canchaser Guideyou can do it!!! I"m in the same boat, I've got till next May and I'm ready to throw in the towel. I'm behind in class, working 3 -12's and 20 hours of clinical but I hear its better on the other side so i'm pushing through and hoping those on the other side know what they are talking about. I've been a nurse for 20 years so getting out of the comfort zone sucks and I make a good wage but the work is back breaking and I can't do bedside forever. So hang in there and keep the eye on the prize.
- 0Jul 10, '12 by NerdyNikkiThank to all of you guys out there : ) You all inspire and encourage me to push beyond myself. Its definitely hard to convey my feelings and thoughts to people not in the same boat. There is a light somewhere at the end of this tunnel. Im praying everyday, I get to see a speck of it : )
- 0Jan 22 by carola618Hi,
I was wondering how the program was going for you? I am starting the same one on Feb. 27th. Kinda freaking out bc I've been outta school for so long! (7 years). I have read your other posts were you mention that writing papers is a big thing. What has helped you in terms of reference books, ect.?
- 0Feb 17 by NerdyNikkiHi, Carola618
Sorry for the totally late post ; ) I am in the final segment of the program. With that being said, I would encourage you to be organized and prepared to find your preceptors early. Though I am learning a lot from the programs, it very self- learning targeted.Your first couple of course are on-line and have reading/papers that are due. You will interact with tons online discussion. You should come to each of your on-campus class with reading completed. They are in the transition of changing the program for the better, so I am not completely sure if your class will be exactly the same orders as mine.
Please do not hesitate to ask for further assistance ; )