I'm Having A Midsemester Crisis! - Follow Me Through Grad School Episode 207
Do you know what a midsemester crisis is? Because I think I'm having one!
A midsemester crisis is when you get to a point in the semester, where if you read one more syllable, submit one more post, and/or take one more examination, you're liable to lose your mind! One of the major symptoms of a midsemster crisis is FNP school induced delirium. Unfortunately, when it strikes there's no quick fix! If you're in the midst of a midsemester crisis, I highly recommend that you:
(1) Take a deep breath - Remind yourself why you decided to go on this journey to become a Family Nurse Practitioner. Trust me, your determination is bigger than your current obstacle.
(2) Reassess your situation – Things can often seem worse in our head. In grad school it's important to have a reliable support system. At a time like this, a good sounding board and a hug can go a long way. Often just talking it out, and getting a different perspective can help alleviate your anxiety.
(3) Find the strength to push through – A pre-semester, midsemester and/or post semester crisis is bound to happen at least once (most likely multiple times) throughout your time in FNP school. If you're having one, try to remember you have a bigger goal in mind, and that this too will pass (even though it feels like it never will)!
FNP school is not for the faint of heart or mind. It will challenge you in ways you had never thought possible. Couple grad school with balancing one's day-to-day challenges, it's no wonder midsemester crises are so prevalent in grad school.
In this weeks vlog you get to see my midsemester crisis in full swing! Some highlights include:
- Why am I having a midsemster crisis?
- I'm one step closer to clinicals. Submitting clinical compliance paperwork. What's required?
- How do some programs decide if an examination question is fair?
- How I plan to deal with my midsemster crisis.
I hope you enjoy Follow Me Through Grad School (#FMTGS) Episode 207: I'm Having A Midsemester Crisis! Have you ever had a midsemester crisis? If so, how did you deal with it? Please comment below! Also don't forget to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, and SHARE!
Until Next Time,
Bizzy Bee Nursing
Fuel your passion. Fulfill you purpose.
Heads up! If you're new here or an old friend of the Follow Me Through Grad School (#FMTGS) series, you can always catch up with my journey from the beginning here.
Never miss another episode of Bizzy Bee Nursing:Bizzy Bee Nursing