Follow Me Through Grad School Episode 102 - First Week of Classes
Grad school is a big investment of time and money, as well as mentally, physically and emotionally taxing. Take a look at what happened during my first week as an FNP student.
For any person that thinks that grad school will be a walk in the park, I’m sorry to burst your bubble! It’s not only time consuming, but also mentally, physically, and emotionally taxing. Many students are initially shocked by the challenging workload, and quickly realize grad school is more than what they had originally bargained for. In my case, just going over the syllabus was enough to increase my anxiety. As a full-time student, I can honestly tell you grad school will take over your life!
In this episode, we take a look at what happened during my first week as an FNP student and do a quick overview of my classes.
Some highlights include:
- My cousin's surprising outcome at the AC-NP board certification exam
- My first grad school quiz
- When preparing for the first class it’s important to be organized. I made sure to have my notes, wear the proper attire, have a snack, and be ready 20 minutes before class.
- How to combat school anxiety? Anxiety happens to the best of us. In my opinion, it’s best for students to tackle their problems head on, and focus on finding solutions rather than mulling over problems.
- Quick class overview
- My thoughts so far on my FNP program?
I hope you enjoy Follow Me Through Grad School Episode 102: First Week of Classes!
Just in case you missed it, be sure to watch Follow Me Through Grad School Episode 1 - Journey Before the Storm
Until next time,
Fuel your passion. Fulfill your purpose.
Last edit by Joe V on Mar 16