MUSC Accelerated BSN - Page 47Register Today!
- Oct 10, '12 by SouthernBell18You can call now to find out if you were accepted
- Oct 11, '12 by wall0509I also applied for the spring class. SouthernBell may I ask what your stats were?
- Oct 11, '12 by bowloftomatoesI just called and found out that I was accepted as an alternate. Does anyone know what this means or what the likelihood of getting accepted off the alternate list is?
- Oct 15, '12 by wall0509I just found out I am an alternate as well.
- Oct 15, '12 by kce32305Congratulations to all accepted and chosen as alternates. The program is very competitive so that is a great accomplishment. I have classmates that applied multiple times before being accepted so for those who didn't get in this time around, try again! I am in the program now and am happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Congrats again guys!
- Oct 16, '12 by Chnc13kce32305
I have free housing available to me at Edisto Island. My question is, do you think a 45-1 hour drive to and from MUSC too much while doing the program???
- Oct 16, '12 by kce32305Hi chnc13..Personally, that much driving each day would really get to me, but I think it depends on the person. I can tell you that on nights when you're up until 1 or 2 (or 3!) doing meds and careplans, you'll really wish you lived closer because sleep will become so precious. However, everyone does what they have to do. If you can save money living there (which is another important consideration!), and its a great study environment, it may not be so bad.
- Oct 19, '12 by Minnie13Did anyone apply who had 3 credits in Microbiology? For whatever reason my school did not offer 4 credits and I wonder if that will prevent me from applying.
- Oct 22, '12 by bowloftomatoesMinnie13, I believe that the school requires a 4 credit Micro course with a lab. :-/ On the page listing the prerequisites for the program, there is a contact e-mail address for a lady who will look at your transcript and provide an "unofficial evaluation." She will let you know which courses will transfer and what credits you need.