MUSC Accelerated BSN - Page 42Register Today!
- Oct 14, '11 by NICANTI just found out today I was accepted! I live in Summerville....can anyone tell me what the schedule may be like? I have a 18 month old and my husband is a pilot in the air force, so I need to plan child care now....I am very excited to meet everyone! Will you all be there for the mini orientation on the 4th?
- Oct 14, '11 by charlestongirlDid anyone get turned down? Seems like everyone either got in or is on the alternate list.
- Oct 14, '11 by Kylie90NICANT,
I heard that we have class 4 days a week. What "group" you are in depends on which day of the week you have off. I think we have class from about 7/9am to about 3/4pm. I'm not completely sure, but I remember reading this somewhere. Clinicals I think could start as early as 6:15ish from what I've heard. But...I am all new to this and am just as curious as you are!
And to anyone that doesn't have alot of volunteer/medical experience...don't lose hope! I have a lot of volunteer and community service, but none of it was medicine related and I still got in!
- Oct 14, '11 by Amil011Hi everyone, wanting to know if anyone is familiar with the Charleston area. I will be looking for a roomie while in the Program. My commute to Georgia will be a little too much during the week. I hope to see everyone at the orientation on the 4th Nov. Looking forward to this next chapter!!
- Oct 14, '11 by NICANTAnyone else coming from the Summerville area? Maybe I can find a carpool buddy! Amil011- I am just a transplant....my husband is Air Force, so I am from Texas...I have only lived in SC for a short amount of time.
- Oct 14, '11 by EmtDDCongrats! I will be at the meeting on the 4th! Join the facebook group!Last edit by Medic2RN on Mar 24, '12 : Reason: TOS - FB Link
- Oct 16, '11 by Amil011At NICANT, I just got out the Navy and transplanted to Georgia when I got accepted. How far is summerville from the school? At EMTDD I am not familiar with theCharleston area, but am willing to have the school recommend a few places as well as drive around and look for apartments. Cost saving is very important.
- Oct 16, '11 by wishful12Hi everyone! Here is the schedule they have posted on the website if you haven't already stumbled upon it. See you guys on the 4th!
- Oct 17, '11 by Josh13I found out I got in last week as well. NICANT I live in Summerville as well and am looking at possibly taking the bus from the K-mart parking lot. I've heard that it goes straight to MUSC but I haven't looked into it yet. If the bus doesn't seem to be a good option I will need a carpool buddy as well.
Amil011, Summerville is about 25-30 minutes from MUSC before traffic. It will almost always be at least 45 min - 1 hour with traffic in the morning or at night. If there are wrecks, which there usually are, you can count on it being a bit longer.
EmtDD, I joined the facebook page and left a reply but it is now not showing it. It may be deleting the posts or the admin/mod may need to approve them.
If anyone needs info about different sections of town I am a Realtor and can give you all a hand through email, phone, facebook, or at the orientation in November.
- Oct 17, '11 by EmtDDFixed the problem with the facebook page! I look forward to seeing you guy's soon!!