New grad suffering on CTICU requesting to transfer out...updating resume? Please help

Nurses New Nurse

Published

You don't really need to change your resume too much. Add the CTICU experience but if you're transferring from within the hospital they'll most likely know a little about your situation. My suggestion is to not go into how overwhelming for you. Say you have a very methodical approach to learning your clinical skills and think you can sharpen them more efficiently in a different unit. Kind of make it sound more positive. And also talk about the objectives of the different floors. For example, people from the ICU don't usually just go home after. THey might go to a stepdown or other floor or rehab facility. So maybe talk about how you want to be a part of the discharge to home process etc. Do a little research.

Best of luck!

I had a similar situation. I didn't like the unit I was hired on because I felt I wasn't using enough of my nursing skills. I spoke to the manager and she gave me shifts and training to another unit.

You can try to speak to your manager about floating and getting shifts from other unit as well.

+ Add a Comment