Stony Brook distance PNP summer '12 - Page 2Register Today!
- May 2, '12 by safrnI got in!!! Just got the email! Good luck to everyone!!
- May 3, '12 by cindyk123I got in too!! Just got my email. So excited!! Good luck to all I am sure I will see you all in a little over a week!!
- May 10, '12 by cindyk123Has anyone recieved emails detailing orientation? I have not recieved anything as of yet and am getting flustrated. I know from the above post that oreintation starts Monday. I went ahead and made reservations and everthing, but really wouold like more details.
- May 10, '12 by safrnThat's strange that you didn't get anything yet. I would call Student Services or email Dolores Bilges. The email came from her. Her email address is on the School of Nursing website. I got the info right away so you should have as well. I only have to be there on Wednesday. It's an all day thing so I will fly in Tuesday eve and I have to fly out Thursday morning because the last flight I can get out Wed is too early. I'm in the Psych/Mental Health program and different programs meet on different days. I thought it was a 2 day orientation, but it is only one full day. So, you'll need to find out which day your program meets. Good luck!
- May 10, '12 by cancer67Just curious what is the GPA that is needed to get in the program.
- May 11, '12 by cindyk123Thanks! I got my email finally late yesterday afternoon. I too only have to be there Wednesday. I am in the Neonatal NP program. I am driving, I'm about 7 hours away. See you Wednesday!
- May 11, '12 by safrnI'm in the Buffalo area, but I'm working Tuesday and couldn't picture driving 7-8 hours or so after that by myself. Where do you live? I would drive in the future though if I could arrange it better.
- May 11, '12 by cancer67Cindy you said you received your acceptance email late yesterday. I am still waiting for a response and its nerve wrecking...
- May 11, '12 by cancer67Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! I just received call and email accepted into the ANP. Orientation is on Monday. Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted.
- May 11, '12 by cindyk123I got my acceptance letter last Thursday and yesterday I got the info about orientation and such. I live near the Watertown area and right now I am fortunately to be working in a education department with more flexible scheduling and am taking Tuesday and Wednesday off and probaly going in late Thursday. I took a short break from patient care but going back to what I love the end of July or beginning of August. Having surgery soon so staying put for right now.
The drive itself isn't bad I have done it before with thw BS orientation. I just make sure I am at the hotel before it gets to dark so I can find my way!