Accepted into Momentum 2+1 NVCC?
- 0Jul 26, '08 by calledtodoHas anyone gotten accepted into the bachelors programs at NVCC?
I got my acceptance letter last week. If you have support courses done already that is great but they are saying that you can't take any others, until it is time. I guess it is because the Associate program students would need to take pharmacology for example. I don't know.
- 3,648 Visits
- 0Jul 29, '08 by calledtodoI have everything for the 1st and 2nd semester except for the Ethics class. I am taking some math, for 1st semester to cover myself for when I have to take the Mth 157 class. I think that if you take some of the support courses, that are not given at the medical campus it is ok to take ahead. The history and Mth class should be ok to take. You don't need nutrition but it is certainly helpful to take. You could try to take that. Good luck!
- 0I just went to NVCC today and would love to start the accelerated RN program. I already have a BS in Ed. and an MS in Supervision. Am I too late to get in for the fall semester?? I hope not!! I'm not geting any younger!! I will call tomorrow to see an advisor and request my college transcripts immediately. I just don't know though if I am too late!!
- 0Jul 30, '08 by calledtodoUnfortunately, you missed the cut off to apply. It was like July 1st. You will have to apply for next yr. With the 2+1, you spend 2yrs at medical campus getting your associates and a yr at Mason getting your bachelors. You actually only take 3yrs for something that could take 4. You save money! You do have to pay Mason tuition, when you go to Mason for the 1yr but it is only like 2 semesters. Less classes, save money, save time is what it equates to. You probably have a lot of the general ed courses seeing that you have two degrees. See if they will transfer.
- 0YEP! JUST FOUND OUT THAT THERE WILL BE A NEW ACCELERATED OFFERING FOR THE SUMMER OF 2009. HOWEVER, I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT SINCE I HAVE A BS AND MS, I CAN DO A "SECOND DEGREE BSN" IN 15 MONTHS AT SHENANDOAH AND GET IN IN THE FALL, BUT IT IS GOD AWFUL EXPENSIVE!!!! NOW I am looking for other second degree BSN possibilities!! Any ideas??? And thank you so much!!!:heartbeat
- 0Jul 30, '08 by Dez310A lady from NVCC called me today to help me with my classes. Before I knew I was in the program, I signed up for HLT141, HLT250, and Ethics. She told me that I couldn't take them because they were for the second semester. Then she put me on hold for 15 minutes and told me nevermind and that I could. I think that they need to have a meeting before classes start to give us a heads up on what is going on.