Private RN care in New York state

  1. 0 Hi there!

    I am currently a nurse in a hospital ICU and I have a friend whos family member would like to have me administer IV medications twice a week in her home. I am willing to do this, but am unsure what my license allows/covers in the aspect of home care. Can I do this as a side deal? Do I need insurance to act privately? Anyone out there have any advice?
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest, discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  Polch315} profile page

    About Polch315

    Joined Apr '12; Posts: 1.

    1 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  RNGriffin} profile page
    I too am from New York, and in order to perform any private duty health services you must be registered with the board of nursing and public health department as a contractor. This requires a lot more effort than just having a nursing license and health insurance. Btw, unless this friend is extremely wealthy or you are, obtaining your own health insurance for home duty malpractice will be extremely difficult.

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.