NAU Accelerated Program Volunteer/Work ExperienceRegister Today!
- by uofabalee Jan 16, '11I am planning on applying for admission to 2012 accelerated program at NAU at the end of this year. I wanted to know if anyone who has been accepted or is currently in the program has any suggestions for types of work/volunteer experience. What was your volunteer/work experience before applying to the program? I am currently starting a volunteer experience at hospice where i will interact with patients. I also have previous work experience working as a housekeeper at a hospital cleaning ORs. Also, I wanted to see if there is anyone else who is looking into applying for admission in 2012.
ThanksLast edit by uofabalee on Jan 16, '11
- Mar 1, '11 by KatsieRNgetting you CNA is never a bad idea. I volunteered with pregnant ladies, hospice and in the hospital. get in a hospital!!
- Mar 5, '11 by uofabaleeHi Katie,
Thank you for your advice. I will look into CNA programs. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats when you applied for the accelerated program?
- Mar 5, '11 by KatsieRNWell I think it is completely changing from when I applied since my cohort only had 60 qualified applicants while this year had 130 applicants. I had a decent gpa for my prereqs probably a 3.6 but I really don't know. I also did well on my HESI entrance exam with an overall score of 95. I had a year long volunteer gig with my local health clinic and 8 months volunteering 2xweek at a hospital. I think my volunteering and essay really helped. I think its going to be a lot harder to get into by 2012 so keep up your grades and make sure you have something to write about in your essay, go out and get a committed volunteer job or something. goodluck!
- Feb 21, '12 by megpearlzhey uofabalee,
Did you end up applying for the NAU aBSN 2012 cohort? I started a thread for us here... http://allnurses.com/az-nursing-prog...sn-666595.html