Questions about CRNA programs - page 2
by Shayna24 3,832 Views | 12 Comments
Hi, I just posted some questions about CRNA programs a couple day ago on this forum and got the best information yet!! (TraumaNurse's response was great) I am so excited I found this place:) I still have a few questions for... Read More
- 0Aug 15, '04 by skipawayQuote from HeadStrongMost programs want at least a 3.0 GPA.I graduate in April but I'm worried about my grades and getting into an Anesthesia program. I hear all the time how competative the programs are but, what kind of grades would I need to have a fighting chance at getting into one?
- 0Feb 20, '06 by macanesQuote from Shayna24I asked that question (front-loaded vs. academics during course of training) of Dr. Rodney Lester, head of the UT Houston - Health Sciences Center program (the Army program, USAGPAN, I went through was (and is) accredited through UTHHSC) and former Prez of the AANA. He said they had studies that showed no difference in graduation rates, etc. I suppose that means preference governs choice. For my part, I liked focusing purely on the academic work for a full year up front. Once I got into the clinicals, lack of sleep would have made it VERY difficult to study as much as I did during phase I.Hi, I just posted some questions about CRNA programs a couple day ago on this forum and got the best information yet!! (TraumaNurse's response was great) I am so excited I found this place
I still have a few questions for any of you experienced people--
1. What is the difference between a front loaded CRNA program and integrated program?
2. What are the pros/cons or differences between a university based program and a hospital/anesthesia school with a university affiliate?
3. Is a MSN more prestigious than having a masters in another field w/a major in anesthesia?
4. If you take the GRE and do bad for whatever reason, and try applying to a CRNA program that does not require the GRE do you still have to show them your scores, or will they have access to them?