Yale GEPN Applicants 2013 - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 28, '12 by atomicgirlsamdaman,
What?! Start over from scratch at this point? Hm...I don't know if I would necessarily do that since you only have less than a week left. What about it did the proofreader dislike so much? You need to explain the stringent criteria and the fact that the flow of the essay may not be ideal due to this... I would have more than one person read it too. Starting from scratch seems excessive...
- Oct 28, '12 by hopefulnurse24I'm not applying here, and I'll gladly look over anyone's personal statement if they want help or advice or just a different opinion... you can PM me for my email.
- Oct 28, '12 by JustD16Did everyone get the email that the app deadline got pushed to the 5th due to the storm? I'm still going to try to get my packet there but wanted to make sure everyone had the info.
- Oct 28, '12 by the healer's artYes I got that email too. I actually decided that Yale isn't the school for me. (Although my friend's sister did the program in CNM and loved it). So good luck to the rest of you!
- Oct 30, '12 by samdamanatomicgirl, well I reiterated that the flow isn't going to flow very well given the parameters we have to work with but she seemed insistent on rearranging the paragraphs base on flow instead of the instructions. I'm definitely running out of time now so come Nov 1st, I'll just submit what I have regardless of how good it is. I know the deadline is pushed a few days, but I don't want to make my application look bad by taking advantage of my procrastination.
- Oct 30, '12 by soulshine101Hey Healers Art,
Did you get an invite yet for CNL UVA, I have not. So nervous.
- Oct 30, '12 by atomicgirlsamdaman,
I'm sorry to hear that. However, I urge you not to rearrange the paragraphs as the Yale essay instructions specifically ask you to discuss the topics in the order it's listed. Besides, one of the criteria the admissions committee is looking for is ability to follow instructions. I think they understand that given these parameters, the essay is not going to flow as well as it would if you are free to arrange the paragraphs as you like. I would focus on better transitions between your paragraphs and not necessarily starting over from scratch. And since Melissa extended the deadline, I don't think your app would be looked upon unfavorably if materials were submitted by Nov 5th. I would take the extra time if I were you. Just my two cents....
- Oct 30, '12 by hollysfHi All,
How are applications coming along?
I submitted my application today and aside from the $100 application fee, I am feeling very relieved and content. I am not sure how much of a chance I have a Yale, but I am trying to only think *positive*. My transcripts have been delayed by the storm, but they should still make it there by the 1st (I hope!). Does anyone have any information about when we should be contacted for interviews, when interviews take place, or what percentage of applicants are invited to interview?
samdaman- My proof reader also had a hard time with the formatting of the essay, but with the little flexibility they allowed us I tried the best I could to make it sound cohesive. My statement definitely gets a bit choppy in the last few paragraphs. It is not my best piece of writing, but I think it serves it's purpose. Do not stress. Just be honest and the paper will write itself. You totally got this
Good luck with the finally stretch everyone!
- Oct 31, '12 by samdamanApplication sent and $100 paid! Good luck to everyone and hope you all at least get into one school!
- Nov 1, '12 by adt913we are donnnnnne with this crazy application (essay)!!!!! YAYYYY!
now the really hard part.... waiting....