UIC GEP 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Mar 30, '12 by NPmydHas anyone heard about interviews for the FNP track?
- Mar 30, '12 by AniLMTHi all!
I also applied for FNP, and was surprised to visit the forum and see that anyone applying for the GEP has received invitations to interview this early! UIC must really be on top of things, because it took months for other schools to get this far in the process.
I saw some applicants stressing about credentials. Don't stress! If your heart's in it, then it will show I'm crossing my fingers about UIC because I lived and worked in the medical district during college and feel very compelled to continue that journey in Chicago, but know my chances of getting in may be slimmer because I'm not an Illinois resident. I do have words of encouragement, though--my GPA is a "measly" 3.2 and my GRE score was 1100 (on the old test)...but, I have been accepted to all the schools I've applied to so far, including UPenn and JHU. So, it's not about the numbers. My advice to nursing school applicants is don't doubt yourself!!!
Unfortunately, money is also a big part of the decision (it's going to keep me out of those other programs) but hopefully UIC will be a bit more generous with scholarships and financial aid. Best of luck to everybody! All will be well
- Mar 31, '12 by NursePracHereIcomeAnyone know in-state tuition for the GEP?
- Mar 31, '12 by NursePracHereIcomeI'm getting approximately 111,000?
- Apr 1, '12 by samdamanI guess we'll have to wait till next week about FNP interviews...
- Apr 1, '12 by lisak09So, I haven't posted here yet, but I applied for Midwifery. I haven't heard anything yet- but am now sick to my stomach hearing that others have. I have an average GRE score and GPA but 10 years and over 400 births of experience as a childbirth educator, doula, doula trainer (through DONA), and midwife's assistant. This has been my dream...I hope it is still alive. : (
- Apr 2, '12 by mkuzelI was contacted this morning for Mental Health
- Apr 2, '12 by questionrealityI was also contacted this morning for the family psychiatric-mental health NP specialty!
- Apr 2, '12 by Medik231I was looking through the PDF's for Adult Acute Care and Adult Primary Care classes, and I noticed that they are the exact same classes. Does anyone happen to know what's different about them (like clinlical rotations)? I wasn't able to attend the information session UIC had for this program back in Feb, so I don't know if they brought this up or went into any detail about it.