SFSU MSN Generic Masters?Register Today!
- by SFBethany Apr 5, '07Has anyone heard from the SFSU MSN (San Francisco State University) Masters non nurses entry program yet?
- Apr 9, '07 by hilogirlYes and the anxiety is killing me! Any day now I guess...
- Apr 10, '07 by SFBethanyI have not heard yet either. I hope we hear soon- good luck!
- Apr 10, '07 by hilogirloh wait I meant no, I haven't heard yet. Sorry. Good luck to you too.
- Apr 10, '07 by SFBethanyNo worries... anxiousness make me talk bad now.
- Apr 10, '07 by hopenfaith12Hi Bethany. I have a question for you. I have been trying to inquire more information regarding the masters program at SFSU however, they do not return calls. This generic masters program... did you enroll into the masters entry program for non-nursing? How does this generic masters program differ from the BARN program?
I graduated from a masters entry program for non-nurses, only completing the RN portion. I would love to enroll in a cal state or public university to finish off my masters and ultimately my NP. SFSU is a great university! The school I graduated from is a private school and tuition is unbelievably expensive!
- Apr 16, '07 by megamieponaIf I were to obtain a generic MSN degree from this program, can I apply to the MSN program at UCSF to become say a family nurse practitioner? I'm asking because if I were to apply to the FNP program at SFSU, I would need about 2000 hrs as an RN before I can qualify for it.
- Apr 17, '07 by SFBethanyQuote from megamieponaI am not sure- I would contact UCSF directly. Sorry...If I were to obtain a generic MSN degree from this program, can I apply to the MSN program at UCSF to become say a family nurse practitioner? I'm asking because if I were to apply to the FNP program at SFSU, I would need about 2000 hrs as an RN before I can qualify for it.
- Apr 17, '07 by SFBethanyUpdate from SFSU for Generic Masters.
I called them yesterday and they said letters would go out next week and we should know by the end of April.
- Apr 17, '07 by hilogirlThanks for the update SFBethany. 3 weeks of anticipation is no fun. At least now I can chill out a little. Good luck!