Samuel Merritt ELMSN/FNP Fall 2013 Sacramento - Page 9Register Today!
- Sep 3, '12 by dardymommaI applied to the ELMSN/FNP track... I'm not worried about standing out, I'm worried about being too aggressive and looking as if I cannot collaborate with others, which is imperative in nursing. Lol I'm just trying to get a feel for what to expect, although like everything else in this process I doubt that will help! Argh.
- Sep 3, '12 by ALXiongCongratulation! I also got my interview invitation for ELMSN-FNP on Sep 15th. I heard that it would be a good interview. I really had no idea how to prepare but be myself and know why I am going into nursing and NP. Good luck on the interview. Hope to hear more people getting their invitations soon! Hang in there.
They do a couple different things. One of the things they do is have you explain to your neighbor a bit about yourself and then your neighbor tells the panel. So, make sure you say what you want conveyed to the panel. Another thing they do is break you into two groups and give you a scenario (one side is pro, one side is con) and you argue back and forth and each person provides a response that supports their argument. I cannot remember specific questions they asked. Just know why you want to be a FNP. There is also a writing sample on a specific topic.
- Sep 4, '12 by dardymommaThanks JeninCA! That is very helpful. Which program are you applying to?
- Sep 4, '12 by Sisyer2Hey JeninCA! Don't lose hope. They interview re-applicants in their own group so I'm sure you'll get one! I have interviewed once in Sac and once in Oakland.... The re-app interview group was only 4 of us. I haven't gotten an invite yet either, so you're in company! I'm guessing the re-applicants are last
- Thanks for all the kind and uplifting words.
Sisyer2 - I did not know they had a different group for re-apps, that is good information to know. Thanks!
- Sep 5, '12 by ALXiongHey, JeningCA. Don't worry about it. My friend told me the same thing yesterday. She applied second time and got accepted last spring. Re-applicants will have different interviews and style than first time interviewees and it is usually the last group of people to be interviewed. Just keep your hope alive.