Samuel Merritt ELMSN/FNP Fall 2013 Sacramento - Page 15Register Today!
- Sep 16, '12 by chlochloOkay wonderful thank you for the information! Good luck to all the re-applicants next weekend!
- Sep 17, '12 by ALXiongIt was a pleasure to meet with everyone in person this past Saturday morning. Everyone was kind and friendly in my group. Our group only had 8 people in the interview. The faculties were extremely friendly and made me felt very calm and comfortable. The faculty said they already interviewed 5 groups already including two this past Saturday. They had on in the afternoon the past Thursday. I wish all those interviewing this coming Saturday best luck. Hope everyone here will get a good news from SMU soon.
@epark87 - Hi, it is me who sat next to you during the interview. It was nice meeting you!
- Sep 18, '12 by chlochloHi ALXiong! Congrats on the interview and completing this stage of the application journey! I was wondering if they said anything about one's acceptance/rejection/wait-listing times? I heard there waiting till after the last interview but I was just curious. Good luck to anyone to everyone that has an interview next weekend!
- Sep 18, '12 by ALXiongHello, chlochlo. The program director only mention one sentence about that in the beginning of the interview. She said that phone calls would go out for those who got accepted and mails (I assumed she meant email) for wait-list as soon as they finish interviewing all those applicants they invited. Before leaving, the another faculty came and said that expecting the notification about status by the end of Sep after the last group of interviews. I know that last year some applicants got early admittance into the program shortly after interview. I think they may not be doing that this year because no one so far heard getting acceptances yet. I may be wrong though because there are a lot of applicants are not on this forum sharing their status. I am not sure everyone is aware. SMU is under accreditation progress and campus visit from CCNE for the DNP program, so maybe faculties are very busy preparing for that big event happening right now. They may do something different this year to notify all the applicants at the same time. A lot of things are just my assumptions and thoughts based on what I saw and read. If others have other good insights, please feel free to correct what I said.
- Sep 18, '12 by JeninCAThanks for your input, ALXiong. I was looking back at last year's forum and they did start accepting people earlier. However, you may be right that since they are going through accreditation right now the schedule is probably going to be different.
Either way, it is getting close to the end. I have my re-app interview this weekend, so I will post any updates they provide.
Again, good luck to everyone. I know we are all "competing" for one of those valuable spots, but I really do wish everyone the best of luck in pursing their dream.
- Sep 18, '12 by chlochloThanks for all the input!
- Sep 20, '12 by jly0162I am interviewing in the 1-3pm slot. Good Luck !!
- Sep 20, '12 by chlochloLet us know how it goes! And good luck for everyone interviewing tmr! )