Marquette University MSN Direct Entry Fall 2013Register Today!
- by rainkissedleaves Sep 20, '12WHO'S APPLYING???! I started a thread because I didn't see any!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=787299©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 7,431 Views
- Sep 20, '12 by hopefulnurse24I am! I submitted my application in August! I'm very excited and anxious.
- Sep 21, '12 by rainkissedleavesAh! I am still in the process. I will submit around mid Oct. Not too late I hope! What do your stats look like (if you don't mind me asking).
- Sep 21, '12 by hopefulnurse24I am unsure what my GPA is, because I've been to a few different schools (two community colleges and one university). However, at my current institution, where I'll be receiving my bachelor's degree, I have a 3.86. When I calculated all of my grades together, it was a 3.7, I think. So I will not need to submit my GRE scores to Marquette.
Volunteer work includes shadowing a physician assistant and a nurse practitioner, several hours of volunteering at a well known hospital (around 150 hours), and lots of significant volunteer work in my hopeful specialty, pediatric acute/critical care. I actually used some of my experiences for my application essays. I also was involved with a free health care clinic ran by my school, and helped with the management of the program. The position also included patient care. I volunteer with a physical education program for a school for children with disabilities, and hold a leadership position with the organization, and I also hold a leadership position in my major's honor society, which does lots of service work throughout our school and community. Finally, I will be doing a full time internship in the PICU in the spring (full time internships are required in order for students from my major to graduate).
- Sep 27, '12 by meep05Quote from kritkatI am too!! I am currently a Respiratory Therapist at UC San Diego and also worked as an RT at Ohio State Medical Center. I have a 3.5 undergrad, but my GRE sucks, luckily Marquette doesn't require it. Do you know of any other schools besides Marquette U or Rochester and Hopkins that don't require the GRE?WHO'S APPLYING???! I started a thread because I didn't see any!
- Sep 27, '12 by hopefulnurse24Northeastern does not, and neither does NYU. Welcome to AllNurses!
- Sep 29, '12 by meep05Northeastern is being really annoying with my pre-requisite classes. Ohio state was on quarters and they want two quarters of statistics and nutrition. I thought NYU was an ABSN? Oh and thanks!! Reading everyones post is just making me more and more stressed out that I won't get accepted anywhere. I wonder how much bedside experience weighs into the decision....
- Sep 29, '12 by hopefulnurse24I am the same way, in regards to getting stressed, but I can't help but read! I'm addicted. Whenever I get an email update from the site, I get so excited, haha! NYU has what is called a dual degree BS/MS. You apply in your third semester at NYU, it's not exactly direct entry but you get preference, I think...
- Sep 30, '12 by rainkissedleavesWestern University doesn't require the GRE. They extended their app to Nov 01st deadline if you need to apply.
- Nov 3, '12 by rainkissedleavesToday there was a graduate school fair at my university. I found out that USD doesn't require GRE anymore. Their deadline is Nov 9th though...so soon. Usually their deadline is November 1st but they extended it to the 9th of this year because of hurricane Sandy.