Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC)Register Today!
- by nurse2b013 Feb 27, '11Hello! Anyone out there from this school? I am waiting on my scores from the NLN pre-entrance exam last week, and then waiting to see if I got into the RN program. I was just curious if anyone else on this site attends school here!
- Mar 9, '11 by AddfiveMy sister attends that school and is waiting on her NLN scores too. Have you gotten yours back yet? She said there was some sort of delay from the testing facility.
- Mar 17, '11 by nurse2b013I just got my score today. Exactly one month from when I took the exam!!!
- Mar 17, '11 by AddfiveMy sister got her score too - she got an 88. How did you do? She had heard that you need to get at least a 90 to be competitive so now she is worried. Have you heard the same?
- Mar 17, '11 by nurse2b013I got a 139.
I have heard that you need at least a 100 to be competitive. I hope your sister still gets in!
- Mar 17, '11 by jennyjoHi girls! I got my scores today too. I took my test on Feb 16th. This is my first semester at WCCC. I had a feeling you were close to me nurse2b...I posted a response to you in the pre-nursing area. I am very happy with my score. So glad the wait is over...now just waiting on the acceptance letters. I am sure they will be delayed now too.
- Mar 17, '11 by AddfiveHer point score was 126 so her percentage is 88%. She heard that 90% was considered competitive. I wonder what percentage 100 points would be....
Congrats to you both on your scores! : )
- Mar 18, '11 by nurse2b013Sorry Addfive....I misunderstood! I was talking about needing at least a composite score of 100 to be competitive. My bad! I'm not sure about what percentile is needed...
Jennyjo, I'm sorry, I didn't see your response to me in the pre-nursing thread. I'm sure that the acceptance letters will be delayed also, which is a bummer. I hope they come by the end of the month at least! Glad to hear you are happy with your score also. :spin: Which campus is your first choice?
- Mar 19, '11 by jennyjoI am hoping to go to the Indiana campus. It's less than 15 minutes from my house. I got a 152 which is the 99th percentile. Hope that'll do it, lol. I was shocked I did that well. Not expected.
@Addfive, I have a friend who was in the 88th percentile that got in and graduated from the program...it just depends on how many apply, but a 126 is a good score. I would say she is good...just my thoughts. Also depends on which campus and how many she is competing with.
- Mar 19, '11 by nurse2b013Jennyjo, Indiana campus for me too!!!
I am in the 95th percentile, so hopefully I'll get in. I don't think you have to worry about it being in the 99th percentile!
I wish I knew how many others applied to the Indiana campus. I believe there are 30 spots available. I'm hoping I have a good chance with my score...I know at least several people I scored higher than, so we'll see...
What classes are you taking this semester?